225-400 in 1.5 seconds. The best MilAir setup I've encountered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyair1

I have a Noo Elec dongle from eBay and it works well (generally speaking, not this specific application). I also have one of the temperature compensated models from rtl-sdr.com that I'm really happy with. They are a little more money (around $25) but work very well with little to no frequency drift. I obviously have an AirSpy as well which wins hands down, but you pay for that performance.

I just ordered the Noo Elec NESDR mini 2 from amazon today. Going to play around with it and see what I can get out of it. Like to try the plane plotter stuff to and see what kind of range I can get. Just installed some new Davis rf bury flex coax on my discone antenna. I'm at about 30 ft on my house with it. With my Milair scanners I have about 225 mile range or so I have roughly figured out.

bailly2

i got a nooelec sdr,,,,sdr# with frequency manager + scanner plugin....its searching 225 to 400, 2 seconds to search about 1 mhz of spectrum. how to speed it up?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Look for detect ms and lower that value.

panview.png

Yours may look different but right here, ^ , above the arrow is what will make it faster by lowering the value.

BM82557

i got a nooelec sdr,,,,sdr# with frequency manager + scanner plugin....its searching 225 to 400, 2 seconds to search about 1 mhz of spectrum. how to speed it up?

The original poster in 2015 was talking about the freq scanner plugin (first screenshot) not the Freq Manager + Scanner (second screenshot) -

Attachments

• Screenshot - 9_19_2017 , 18_39_47.jpg
    Screenshot - 9_19_2017 , 18_39_47.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 835
  • Screenshot - 9_19_2017 , 18_40_25.jpg
    Screenshot - 9_19_2017 , 18_40_25.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 835

mancow

Database Admin
Yes, Vasily's plugin is what you need. It works the best.

Also, I was using the Airspy. It provides about 3 x the instantaneous bandwidth as a dongle so my speeds are about 3 x faster.

bailly2

added the vasily fast scanner plugin for sdr#, turned on sdr# and it says "cannot access RTL device"
set the scan range as 225,000 to 400,000

now i have to reinstall sdr#. what a piece of garbage plugin

bailly2

yes, to install the driver for sdr#. ...i have installed 2 plugins for sdr#, neither of them messed with the driver. almost seems like fast scanner plugin is a malicious program just there to screw things up

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like an RTL driver issue. Did you run Zadig?

yes, to install the driver for sdr#. ...i have installed 2 plugins for sdr#, neither of them messed with the driver. almost seems like fast scanner plugin is a malicious program just there to screw things up

If you think the plug in is nothing more than a malicious program just there to screw things up, then you should not use it.

I have used the plug in on at least 12 different versions of sdr# and never had a single rtl issue.

widowsson

I think that Vasily states on his page that the plug-in does not work on newer SDR# versions. I'm using it with a version from a couple of years ago and it's working fine and always has.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mancow

Database Admin
I think that Vasily states on his page that the plug-in does not work on newer SDR# versions. I'm using it with a version from a couple of years ago and it's working fine and always has.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I just downloaded the latest SDR# (1619) and plugin and it works fine.

Ryangn

Just last night I downloaded the latest version of SDR# as well along with the newest version of the Vasily plugin, I believe it was May 2017 version, and everything works fine for me.

N0JRD

Premium Subscriber
Do you add the .dll file to the plugins file on the sdrsharp or just in the same folder?

mancow

Database Admin
There are two parts, the magic line and the DLL. The DLL goes in the main SDR# folder where the program and other DLLs reside. There shouldn't be a plugins "file" or folder. The "magic line" goes in the Plugins.xml file.

Status
Not open for further replies.