225-400MHz antenna on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

This is an aircraft antenna but they work fine stuck to a small ground plane for base station use. They also use these for portable base stations where the antenna is attached to a metal box with an aircraft radio and power supply inside. The price is fair at $45 including shipping. See item # 270256506531.
prcguy

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
This is an aircraft antenna but they work fine stuck to a small ground plane for base station use. They also use these for portable base stations where the antenna is attached to a metal box with an aircraft radio and power supply inside. The price is fair at $45 including shipping. See item # 270256506531.
prcguy

Pretty neat looking, good find prcguy!.

Are more available, and what kind of connector is that (can't see it clearly)?

VERY cool. I live far enough away from Luke air force base that reception isn't the greatest, and am always happy to install yet another antenna (much to the disapproval of my neighbors, I'm sure)

prcguy

The antenna has a female N connector. There are better antennas for the 225-400 band but they usually cost more and don't show up very often.
prcguy
Are more available, and what kind of connector is that (can't see it clearly)?

VERY cool. I live far enough away from Luke air force base that reception isn't the greatest, and am always happy to install yet another antenna (much to the disapproval of my neighbors, I'm sure)

skywarrior

Premium Subscriber
AT-256 Aircraft Antenna

There are more of the antenna available, I will be placing more up on Ebay once this auction is completed. They do take an "N" connector. You can just use a "N" to PL-259 adapter for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.