245 programming question**newbie content**

Status
Not open for further replies.

csx4780

SO after resetting my 245 and wiping it out, I am trying to program this for me. I got one bank programmed with some of the fire stuff in the 154 range. Pretty straightforward. Where I am now is trying to program my first Type IIi system. I have all the frequencies programmed in, and the scanner picks up traffic. So far so good. What I want to program is a specific talkgroup(?)/subfleet. I *believe* I have the system fleetmap programmed right, the bank is set to E1 per the manual. What I cannot seem to do is program the subfleet id I want which is 503-01. This is the only ID I want on this system, it is local NWS storm feed to the emergency management agencies during crappy weather. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm doing this by hand until my cable arrives (lost a long time ago).

Travis

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
<sigh> Once again, what system you are programming?

Defining a hybrid system is a little tricky - you have to program the fleetmap as well as a system type. To be honest, since we don't have any hybrids in my area, I've never had to do it. But that does seem to be the error here.

73 Mike

N8IAA

<sigh> Once again, what system you are programming?

Defining a hybrid system is a little tricky - you have to program the fleetmap as well as a system type. To be honest, since we don't have any hybrids in my area, I've never had to do it. But that does seem to be the error here.

73 Mike

Mike, here is the system he is trying to program: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5658
I have no clue how to enter a subfleet TG. This is what he is asking about.
Larry

N8IAA

Mike, here is the system he is trying to program: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5658
I have no clue how to enter a subfleet TG. This is what he is asking about.
Larry

Mike this is not the system he is trying to monitor. This is one of the three TypeIIi in Polk County, Iowa. None of these have 503-1 as a subfleet. Plus, I have no clue how to program a subfleet ID.
Travis--what system are you trying to program???? You seem to think we are mindreaders:)

Larry

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, that's the way to do it on the 245. A decimal between the fleet and subfleet 73 Mike

N8IAA

Yes, that's the way to do it on the 245. A decimal between the fleet and subfleet 73 Mike
Thanks Mike and Jerri, it's been a while since my 245. The last Uniden owned was a BC92. All GRE since and programmed via software.
Larry

csx4780

Sorry guys, thought I put as much info as I know in the op. It is actually a hybrid system in Story County. The NWS Micron runs off of that. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.