246 T

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyshew13

Premium Subscriber
I dont seen to be doing something right for the rebanding in Wichita. Any help

Redneck0410

You may not be able to pick anything up, as they are in the process of migrating to a P25 system.

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Tapatalk

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
...which your 246T won't handle. It's not a digital trunktracker

However just to answer your question about rebanding, you need 2 things - upgraded firmware, and either entering the rebanding tables manually (which is explained at the very bottom of the link) or software (FreeScan is freeware and can do this). If you use an app to download from the database, the custom tables will be set up for you

The 246T firmware upgrade is here...be sure to follow all the instructions precisely

BC246TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Mike

luckyshew13

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, The software is up to date i didn't know the 246 T would not work on the rebanded system

dgruver911

clarification to avoid confusion here....
Rebanded and P25 upgrade are 2 entirely different things.

Rebanding is what all 800 systems did to move frequencies around at the FCC's manadate , and that is what Sedgwick County did 2-3 years ago when they dropped all their 859.xxxx frequencies for frequencies in the 854-855 range to get away from the Sprint/Nextel channels. What they are in the process of doing right now is migrating to a P25 digital system. Has nothing to do with rebanding.

luckyshew13

Premium Subscriber
So what I need to do on the 246t ? I downloaded the new system from RR and loaded into the scanner and I got nothing

Redneck0410

Your scanner will not track the digital system Sedgwick County has switched to. You need a different scanner.

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.