246T settings for Boston??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Will be making another trip to Boston. Will be taking my 246T for the first time. NOT the 898T. The 898 showed 12.5 and NFM with all Fire/EMS/Police freqs. The data base shows them as FM. Any and all info/input would be helpful... THANKS!

Mark

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
You'll find some downloads for the area at my website in the software data files section off of the site's main page (lower left menu). The only thing that you would need to do is update the Boston PD's subaudible tone info from the old PL's of 118.8 to the various new DCS codes. There are threads both at this site and mine regarding those changes.

SCPD

QRT
I was just trying to find out if I should set modulation to NFM and set the step to 12.5 on the 246T. That is what my 898T showed when I program Boston into it. The site shows these as FM.

Mark

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Sorry, I thought the files might help to make programming easier for you. No matter...what it is that you're specifically going to listen to. Most of the Boston area conventional public safety activity is on the UHF and UHF-T bands, and the settings you describe will be fine.

SCPD

QRT
I already had the freq and new tones and alpha tag programmed.Just wanted to make sure those two setings were correct. Once again Thank You!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.