25 India Unit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbogs

I'm monitoring on Site 3. This RID I have been tracking via UniTrunker and see that it shows up on an encrypted channel. This evening it went off encrypted and went to TG 9408 to report an accident in Davis County. The RID identified itself to Dispatch as 25 India. I have looked on the Utah Agency Radio Identifiers and see nothing with that. Anyone have ideas?

1fox80

Salt Lake County (UT) - The RadioReference Wiki
Utah State Agency Radio Call Identifiers - The RadioReference Wiki

The above 2 links don't even list the 25 India callsign, but they're probably both slightly out-of-date. India usually indicates an agency in Salt Lake County, but only one of the above links goes to 24 India. It's only a guess, but since the Unified PD of Greater SL came about, they created 10 precincts which absorbed 10 existing communities (Kearns, Magna, Midvale, Riverton, Copperton, Herriman, Holliday, Mill Creek, Southeast {5 communities} & Taylorsville). I'm guessing they've vacated their old callsigns (eg. 4,6,7,15,16, & 19 India) to use a new 25 India, possibly indicating Unified PD?! Again, it's only an unverified guess on my part!
Good Luck!

kf7yn

What's the radio ID? The only thing I can find in my Trunker database that would likely use Davis Law 1 is Layton PD. They have a I-25 but I don't see a 25-I.

Last edited:

tbogs

Thanks 1fox80...I kinda of guessed those references are somewhat outdated. kf7yn the RID is 60870. The encrypted TG is 57824 and I'm monitoring on site 3. RID's that show up on this TG are: 60888, 60887, 60869 and 60870.

kf7yn

1fox80 I think you are on the right track. I am inclined to agree the India designator is SL County and 25 is a new identifier. The radio IDs tbogs listed are in a block I show used by WVC PD, Unified PD and Unified Fire. As for TG 57824, I still don't have it pegged, but it is right below TGs used by WVC PD so it well could be WVC and/or UPD strike force or metro squad.

When trying to peg a new TG, I usually watch for a known radio ID to affiliate with it but so far no luck.

tbogs

This TG and RIDs are really hard to follow because I have only noticed this RIDs on this channel (very few users use it). I have yet to see them turn to a different channel and talk to dispatch except for last night and the unit was identified as 26 India. WVC PD encrypted are a little easier because they come off encryption and talk on regular channels. This channel is sure hard to nail down. I'll keep following things and hope we can figure something out.

tbogs

Something I just heard today on LZ 1 was a 24 India unit landing Life Flight somewhere here in the Salt Lake Valley. I didn't catch the location, only the call sign the unit was using. I'm hoping this might help us figure out what 24 India is as well as 25 India.

1fox80

tbogs; On one of those wiki links I listed earlier, 24 India is listed as SLC International Airport agencies. Also ref. my suspicion about the old callsigns being vacated for Unified PD ones, it happened in Weber Co. between 1998 & 2002. Over that 5 year period, the S/O contracted with Huntsville, Plain City, Uintah & Washington Terrace PD's, absorbing their people & equipment. When that happened, those contract cities took on Weber Co. S/O callsigns (1F) and abandoned their 5F, 10F, 14F, & 15F callsigns. Good luck to you and kf7yn on figuring out the SL Co. stuff. If I'm in the SLC area, I usually just scan those 2 main sites (SLC & SLCo) on open mode (too many ID's to program thru the keypad of my PRO-164!). I have enough trouble just keeping up on the changes in Weber Co. where I live! Good catch on the Life Flight helo also. Like WVPD, they are also encrypted but un-encrypt to talk on other than their own @ 8 channels. AirMed hasn't gone the encrypted route yet that I know of. Seems like they dispatch for all their helos off one freq, & you can hear them whether they're in Utah, Summit, Tooele, Weber Counties, or pretty much anywhere else in the state, and Evanston! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.