250 / 296 Speaker Jack Mod ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1

I have a Uniden 250. Nice handheld.

I got an ext speaker...... I remember seeing the volume on the ext audio jack has a lower peak volume for the safety of the listener on headphones.

I want to use an external speaker, not a headphone. Is there a way to tweak that?

Please advise.

Thanks and Take Care,
Julian

Steve

BC250D and external speaker

Julian,

Try this: wrap one end of a piece of thin wire around the BNC jack. Then wrap the other end of the wire around the plug of your speaker. Make sure you use thin wire so the connections are good. I have used this method on my BC250D with sucess. You just have to keep a supply of thin wire on hand if you change the speaker much.

Steve
KD4LCY

scanjunkie

Steve said:
Julian,

Try this: wrap one end of a piece of thin wire around the BNC jack. Then wrap the other end of the wire around the plug of your speaker. Make sure you use thin wire so the connections are good. I have used this method on my BC250D with sucess. You just have to keep a supply of thin wire on hand if you change the speaker much.

Steve
KD4LCY
This method works great on the RS scanners as well. It's very inexpensive and works great!! I use an alligator clip on the end going to the BNC and I clip it to the base of the antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.