250D Display Fade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have a BC250D with some display issues. I initially thought it was low on battery, because the contrast level of the display was so low it was virtually impossible to read. Now I think something in the display is gone, 'cause even plugged into mains power, the display is still terribly faint. The backlight works, the scanner works great, but the display can only be read if you tilt it at just the right angle.

Even if I hadn't bought one of the earliest available 250Ds, this scanner is out of warranty (tapped) - the display problem occurred before the tap job, though. Anyone know if there's a possibility of a loose flex connector or something similar I can try? Considering this is doing tap job duties (Unitrunker), display is not a big loss right now, but it would be nice to figure out what's wrong.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
I had a UBC3300, which is the european version of the 250D and there was a contrast adjustment in the menu. I would assume the 250D has it too. Try finding that and adjust it, that should solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.