Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

On my way home (while driving though the city) I was scanning with my whip antenna and heard some transmissions very CB'ish sounding.. I am not sure what language it was in.. most likely pirates.. and from what I could tell I was only hearing one person talking.. I was able to grab my radio and note the frequency at the next traffic light but by the time I got home the transmissions where gone.. It was also after 2am Eastern time when I received these transmissions also which I found a bit odd..

Matt

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
On my way home (while driving though the city) I was scanning with my whip antenna and heard some transmissions very CB'ish sounding.. I am not sure what language it was in.. most likely pirates.. and from what I could tell I was only hearing one person talking.. I was able to grab my radio and note the frequency at the next traffic light but by the time I got home the transmissions where gone.. It was also after 2am Eastern time when I received these transmissions also which I found a bit odd..

Matt
What mode were you listening in? AM/FM? Is this not part of the MilAir band?

mbstone99

Scanner I am using a BC436DHP.. and I believe it's a dual band ham (2m/70cm) mag mount whip antenna.. not sure though.. I have a couple different mag mount whip antennas and I think this is the one on my car atm.

Matt

mancow

Database Admin
I wish I could understand the language on the website. I haven't tried it yet but will google translate actually help me using this site?

Yes

The tasks of the UHF satellites:
The US military and NATO have a global satellite network of geostationary UHF satellites operating in the P-band of 243-270 and 292-318 MHz in FM. These serve as command satellites and have the task of transporting tactical data and radio traffic between military ground stations, ships, airplanes and mobile land forces, which would like to send and receive via a satellite without the need for expensive antenna installations.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.