255.550 Mhz Pirates are Active

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8hnz

Premium Subscriber
Just a heads up to anyone intrested, 255.550 Mhz is active with pirate traffic right now coming in loud and clear into Northeast Ohio. Sounds like spanish to me.

brandon

Database Admin
I'm not in NJ, but hear 255.550 right now from California.
262.225 is also active.

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
This frequency is active every single day. I have locked it out of my search group for this reason. If you have a decent antenna and preamp you can here numerous active frequencies with pirates but it gets boring very quick.

brandon

Database Admin
Apparently not because each time I monitor they are yacking away.
Although last night it was quiet... probably still too embarrassed about their world cup performance :lol: hi hi.

I am using a Dorne and Margolin C120-2 for the antenna.

SCPD

QRT
Today I caught a Brazilian pirate speaking english with another pirate in Italy on 255.550. Catching the english language on that freq is a rare event.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Im using a X-Wing home brew antenna coupled with a GRE Super Amp and a BCT15X scanner.

Last edited:

reconrider8

i got a bct 15 and sputnik but i dont have it up outside yet ps you say you use the gre amp ok where do you have it mounted? cause it says it takes a 9volt batttery

Last edited:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I've been listening to 255.550 (and, more recently, 265.550) for years by doing nothing more than attaching a whip (i.e. RH77-CA or similar) to my handheld. I orient the antenna so it's parallel to the ground, and slowly turn in a circle until the carrier & pirates are heard. Squelch is wide open.

I have done this with a VR-500, BC330T, and numerous Yaesu HTs. I am usually outside, but it works inside the house too.

Status
Not open for further replies.