256.95 and 297.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring some voice comms on these two freqs, a lot of which was in Spanish. Anyone know who these freqs belong to?

MacombMonitor

Larry51 said:
I've been monitoring some voice comms on these two freqs, a lot of which was in Spanish. Anyone know who these freqs belong to?

You forgot to "Press 1 for English" :p

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
jlh,

Thanks for the link. It seems that the Spanish/Portuguese comms are all over the place up there.

Yokoshibu

I would bet that its a harmonic... even cable boxes are messy and put out junk in that range so if you are watching scola or something of the sort you might find that junk in there... there are several bands that overlap into cable's domain of CCTV... just another consideration if they didnt mention it on the other thread

brandon

Database Admin
Probably SatCom you are hearing. I've heard it as well in the past.

Well the satellites belong the US government but what you heard were South American pirates who have been bootlegging on these DoD birds for years. You will hear lots of Portuguese and Spanish which will be these guys. Most other traffic is encrypted these days. If you are extremely patient though, once in a blue moon you will catch the occasional transmission in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.