268.300 in the Goldwater Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
This afternoon I was in Ajo and heard (and saw) a pair of A-10's out of Davis-Monthan AFB inbound to the Goldwater Range. This is the first time I heard this freq around here.

They were commenting that one got a radar hit on the other.

I also heard other channels in use in the area but this is the only one that was new to me.

I also heard a reference to "Snake Eye" but I don't know if it was on this channel or not as I was trying to avoid an RV wandering across the highway...

mesocyclone

Snake Eye

Snake Eye is the call sign for the overall controller for the range - the one you talk to if you want to be in that airspace.

milcom_chaser

This afternoon I was in Ajo and heard (and saw) a pair of A-10's out of Davis-Monthan AFB inbound to the Goldwater Range. This is the first time I heard this freq around here.

They were commenting that one got a radar hit on the other.

I also heard other channels in use in the area but this is the only one that was new to me.

I also heard a reference to "Snake Eye" but I don't know if it was on this channel or not as I was trying to avoid an RV wandering across the highway...

Rich, are you still down there? Just saw your shack photos, didn't know you were such a P-Band Fan.

N9JIG

Sheriff
No, I was just in the area for the day to see if the TC&GB diesels were visible or not (they were...) and to watch trains in GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.