• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

27.0250 Mach Suad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raycefrk

Any body know what this is? Sounds like lightbulb is from Honolullu. Just sitting and scanning thru CB channels and caught this on channel 6.

JayMojave

Hello Raycefrk:

I believe that is Mod Squad in the Honolullu Island area. I could be wrong.

I took off yesterday to work on my Truck, and was listening in on ch 38 LSB (27.358) and heard D25, 325, and 2510 coming from the Islands. So the skip is ah flying, hummin and buzzing from the south pacific.

Keep listening in and you will hear other South Pacific Stations, like downunder, New Zealand, Easter Island, And many many more. The guys from the Islands were incredable strong in field strength yesterday, slamming me at 20dB over on my S-meter. Sometimes they are just a mouse wisper in the background noise.

Sounds like the skip conditions are getting better!

Jay in the Mojave

Any body know what this is? Sounds like lightbulb is from Honolullu. Just sitting and scanning thru CB channels and caught this on channel 6.

DX949

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Know what WHAT is? What is a "suad" and what kind of noise does it make?
Forget it Warren,Jay in the Mojave took care of it,and did a very good job of replying I might add.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I don't listen to CB, but I can add that 10 meters has been opening from Hawaii to the west coast for several days now, to the point that the Hawaiians are louder than the local stations. It stands to reason that 11 meters would open u, too. Have fun!

kb2vxa

Banned
"Forget it Warren,Jay in the Mojave took care of it,and did a very good job of replying I might add."
I suppose so, it takes a CBer to know that "Mach Suad" is the way they pronounce the title of a really bad cop show from the '70s. Considering it's on channel 6 I should have known what sort of noise it makes, my bad. (;->)

Last edited:

DX949

Banned
"Forget it Warren,Jay in the Mojave took care of it,and did a very good job of replying I might add."
I suppose so, it takes a CBer to know that "Mach Suad" is the way they pronounce the title of a really bad cop show from the '70s. Considering it's on channel 6 I should have known what sort of noise it makes, my bad. (;->)
No ! just a little deductive reasoning..........................Hoser :0)

elk2370bruce

it takes a CBer to know that "Mach Suad" is the way they pronounce the title of a really bad cop show from the '70s.

Yup! No matter where you live in our great nation, as soon as a person gets on CB they always revert to an accent that sounds like the Dodge Boy Sheriff or any of many characters in a Burt Reynolds movie (Gerry Reid comes to mind). Really funny when the accent is mixed with a strong England accent! See ya on the flip flop good buddy!

kb2vxa

Banned
It made me wonder how many sat for hours listening to Hank Williams trying to duplicate his nasal "Okie" accent when he was actually from Alabama. When somebody figured that one out they tried to imitate Dennis Weaver's "Texas" drawl but wrong again, he was from Missouri... tain fo?
"See ya on the flip flop good buddy!"
Yeah, keep the greasy side up and the shiny side down and I'm NOT your good buddy, buddy! (;->)

Oh and BTW I finally pieced it all together and figured out "Mach Suad" is how they say it in Hawaiian. Good Lord Jack, Five Omagawd!

gewecke

Banned

Is your boredom so severe that cb ch.6 is your only source for entertainment? If so then might I suggest a hooked-on-phonics cd?
n9zas

DX949

Banned
Is your boredom so severe that cb ch.6 is your only source for entertainment? If so then might I suggest a hooked-on-phonics cd?
n9zas
Be a nice guy and give him yours :0)

gewecke

Banned
I would but I donated it to a local cb shop,lol!
n9zas

JayMojave

Hello All:

If your all invited to a CH 6 Break I suggest you go. I got invited to a CH 6 CB Brake and Shoot Out a few years ago. Man what a blast, I am sure some of you will cringe at this thoght but don't bad mounth it unless you have been there.

Getting a chance to look over all the highly modified mobiles for high power compatition shoot outs is really interesting. Seeing how the modifications and installations were done was great. I don't see this type of inginuity at ham get to gethers.

I helped one guy install 02 Gauge Ground wire so that his linear amplifier has the proper ground return to the Batteries and several Alternators. It resulted in a significant increase in output power. We were all happy with this. There were a few guys selling equipment and parts and such.

As we made the rounds seeing all the mobiles and such, there was plenty of home made Food, and BBQ and home made Wine, and one offer for marriage. And best of all the new people we got to meet.

A good time was had by all.

Jay in the Mojave

kb2vxa

Banned
"I got invited to a CH 6 CB Brake and Shoot Out a few years ago. Man what a blast, I am sure some of you will cringe at this thoght but don't bad mounth it unless you have been there."

I don't cringe at the thought but would likely do so when I feel the effects of all that RF coursing through my body and an intense pain where my brain had been moments before. The FCC has set RF exposure limits but frankly I don't care if CBers ignore them and turn their brains to mush, it's not my problem. After seeing what it does to video cameras I have this reluctance, pretty much the same as how I feel about sticking my head into a 50KW broadcast transmitter with the high voltage switched on.

For what it's worth, back in my CB daze I attended many "coffee breaks" where everybody had a blast and the activities at one of the major ones were broadcast on the local radio station. Maybe because we were sane and legal, not a bunch of yahoos killing brain cells with intense RF energy?

JayMojave

Hello Warren: Sorry to see to have to resort to name calling.

Maybe if I send you a airline ticket you can call all of the people yahoos to thier faces.

Its such a shame that you and a lot of the ham radio fraternity are so unfriendly. I am sure these unfriendly ways just accelerate the big CB Stations.

Jay in the Mojave

"

For what it's worth, back in my CB daze I attended many "coffee breaks" where everybody had a blast and the activities at one of the major ones were broadcast on the local radio station. Maybe because we were sane and legal, not a bunch of yahoos killing brain cells with intense RF energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.