$29.97 PRO-84 Compact Scanner and Headphone Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4DHR

I actually picked up one a couple of days ago at $50. Does anyone know if RS still does price protection? At least while I worked there about 10 years ago, if the price on something dropped, you had a week or so to be refunded the difference.

Looks like the store I bought mine from is out now. They only had two when I picked mine up.

Last edited:

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
None around here either. I would have definantly picked one up if there was. Maybe people that work at the Shack bought them (if they had a few left) and are going to put the on ebay. They could make a few bucks if they did.

n2mdk

cpuerror said:
Does anyone else think the case design is a ripoff of the 246 or vice versa?

Ripoff no since it's made by Uniden, it's their case shape.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
This store in my area is showing them in-stock:

586-791-5030
REGIONAL SHOP CTR
35469 GRATIOT AVE
CLINTON TWP, MI 48035

djeplett

***BEWARE***
Rat Shack's web site will show you a store has it.
You need to call them and ask them if they will honor that price because if they aren't a corporate store they don't have to.
I called a store and asked the clerk if they honor the price. She checked with a manager and said they did. When I got there the owner said no. So BEWARE.

K4DHR

djeplett said:
***BEWARE***
Rat Shack's web site will show you a store has it.
You need to call them and ask them if they will honor that price because if they aren't a corporate store they don't have to.
I called a store and asked the clerk if they honor the price. She checked with a manager and said they did. When I got there the owner said no. So BEWARE.

Franchise stores are few and far between though. I don't think there are any left in my general vicinity.

But you are right, they are pretty much able to do what they want. I recall the one closest to me selling an old Uniden scanner (pre-trunking model!!) for about $250!! I tried to see if I could grab it for what it was really worth, maybe $50-75, but they wouldn't budge. Shame they closed though, they were the closest thing to a "real" RS left. As in, they still stocked all the electronic components that RS used to about 7-8 years ago.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
From what I can see the Pro-84 is pretty much identical to the Pro-83 which is one awesome little scanner... would like to get one of these for $30... none anywhere near me :(

mancow

Database Admin
They show one in Topeka. I would get one if I planned on going that way any time soon. If I manage to be there for work any time soon and they have some I'll grab you one. I could ship it parcel post for little to nothing and it should get there pretty quickly.

djeplett

The thing that really upsetted me today is I called and asked the right question. I didn't just ask if it was in stock. I asked if they would honor the price.

I also don't like that the website allows you to search for one, but doesn't give you a caveat that tells you the store may not honor the price. I just knew from past experience to ask if they would honor it. (Didn't help though. ARGH.)

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
djeplett said:
I also don't like that the website allows you to search for one, but doesn't give you a caveat that tells you the store may not honor the price.

Actually there is one. This is posted right under the box where you enter your zip code:

Please note that all prices are subject to change without prior notice. Prices advertised on this site are for online orders only. Prices on some items may differ from those advertised in RadioShack stores. All merchandise may not be available at all stores, and all stores may not participate in all sales promotions. We recommend you contact the store to confirm product availability and price.

There are 2 stores near me that show them in stock, I'm going to have to give them a call tomorrow.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
mancow said:
They show one in Topeka. I would get one if I planned on going that way any time soon. If I manage to be there for work any time soon and they have some I'll grab you one. I could ship it parcel post for little to nothing and it should get there pretty quickly.

Yeah I called on that one when they were $49.95. The RS guy sounded all disgusted like he had answered the question a million times... he said "The only one we have in stock is a defective return."

As much as I want one, my wife will have my a$$ if I buy anymore toys, even at $30 it will cut into the budget, gas and food costs are killing us right now (along with lots of others I am sure), so it is probably a good thing there are none available near me! :)

Last edited:

eraweeb

Don't worry, it's not a matter of RS suddenly getting generous...

It's because NASCAR canceled their licensing agreement with them so they can no longer sell any item with the NASCAR logo on it.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
eraweeb said:
Don't worry, it's not a matter of RS suddenly getting generous...

It's because NASCAR canceled their licensing agreement with them so they can no longer sell any item with the NASCAR logo on it.

YEA!!!! No more Nascar Logos!!! Those things were freaking anoying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.