295.4000 mhz refueling/patch freq.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjrjr507

Here's a frequency I'm hearing fairchild AFB KC-135 tankers on. 295.4000 mhz. Might be a boom frequency but not sure yet. But I do hear talk about the boom on that freq. Something about multiple boom swaps. It's on the net as an refueling/patch freq. I live in northwest montana. Will leave a note on the montana forum.

Keep on listening,
cjrjr507

SABRE46

Interesting...I know there is a jet at fairchild that has had the boom ripped off of it in flight. Of course this has been a couple of years back. Wonder if its the same jet that's having problems now.

cjrjr507

Fairchild tankers

Interesting...I know there is a jet at fairchild that has had the boom ripped off of it in flight. Of course this has been a couple of years back. Wonder if its the same jet that's having problems now.

Hi sentrymechanic

Don't know if it's the same tanker or not. I think from the comms I heard they were possibly refueling multiple
aircraft;(fighter squadron ?) as they said something about rotation, the signal was getting weak. I have had comms in the past that they were having boom problems because of turbulence. The tankers usually fly over between 1100 hrs. - 1300 hrs. & 1600 hrs. - 1800 hrs.; around 1700 hrs. And sometimes I get night time fly overs. I'm working on setting up a scanner feed on icecast2. Will go through scanmontana site, maybe.

Regards,
cjrjr507

SABRE46

Hi sentrymechanic

Don't know if it's the same tanker or not. I think from the comms I heard they were possibly refueling multiple
aircraft;(fighter squadron ?) as they said something about rotation, the signal was getting weak. I have had comms in the past that they were having boom problems because of turbulence. The tankers usually fly over between 1100 hrs. - 1300 hrs. & 1600 hrs. - 1800 hrs.; around 1700 hrs. And sometimes I get night time fly overs. I'm working on setting up a scanner feed on icecast2. Will go through scanmontana site, maybe.

Regards,
cjrjr507

Cool keep us posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.