296 sound quality setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tophat

I have read here on the forum about adjusting the apco25 sound quality setting for use in detroit. can any body tell me what that setting should be set at. 533 seems to work almost any where but I am still having trouble with detroit and genesee co. was wondering if this setting will make a difference. some folks on RR say yes and some say no. any thoughts?

seamusg

tophat said:
I have read here on the forum about adjusting the apco25 sound quality setting for use in detroit. can any body tell me what that setting should be set at. 533 seems to work almost any where but I am still having trouble with detroit and genesee co. was wondering if this setting will make a difference. some folks on RR say yes and some say no. any thoughts?
Detroit and Genesee are both simulcasts and all scanners have trouble with them. You have to be inside the area to receive it very well. The are designed not to go outside their area. My BC796D will not get Detroit very well (choppy) from where I'm at and my PRO96 on the southern boarder of Genesee Co. is choppy, but gets better if I get farther into the county. I don't think the audio adjustment will do much good, but some people have said a better antenna does work.

tophat

well I must still have some thing wrong with my programing as we were down to the police car show in ferndale and happened upon a person with a pro 96 who was listening to DPD and getting it very well. he took a look at my scanner and told me I didn't have all of detroits channels in and then flatly refused to tell me what I was missing. he said to go to RR and put that stuff in. That is what I have in the scanner. all the cc channels listed on RR. can't understand it. his was working great and mine was quiet. can't figure out what is wrong. I understand the problems with simulcast systems but would like mine to work as well as what this pro96 does at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.