296D Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfjones

I am following instructions on page 59 for storing found talkgroups.I press HOLD/MAN to stop the search,when I press TRANSFER I get ENTER LOCK on the screen.it does not display the lowest numbered empty ID group and when I press ENTER I get the ENTER LOCK message again.

My trunks are in mem bank 1 along with a few manually entered trunk ID's.

Any ideas?

Thanks..........................

duckbird

Sounds like your pressing the PRI button. Try pressing the button above Mute

See page 12 of the OM (Buttons and Controls)

Hope that helps

rfjones

I am momentarily pressing the trnsfr/mute button.Pressing the PRI button, above the trnsfr/mute button,does nothing.I assume a program parameter is wrong but have no idea which it is.The instruction says it should display the lowest numbered empty ID group memory,I simply get the enter lock message.

seamusg

rfjones said:
I am following instructions on page 59 for storing found talkgroups.I press HOLD/MAN to stop the search,when I press TRANSFER I get ENTER LOCK on the screen.it does not display the lowest numbered empty ID group and when I press ENTER I get the ENTER LOCK message again.

Any ideas?

Sound like you have ENTER LOCK set to ON
goto MENU-SYSTEM OPT.- ENTER LOCK and set it to off.

rfjones

I've confirmed enter lock off in the menu.I have toggled it on-off numerous times.Can't find any other parameter effecting this problem.

Still trying........................

Thanks.

duckbird

While search, when a new id is displayed, press hold then press the transfer button which is the button which is the last button on the right hand side of the scanner just above the word Mute. When you press the transfer button,

MOT ID: _ _ _ _ _
List: No.

Should start blinking. Use the scroll to select the list number you want the id stored in At that point press E to store the id. Press RSM to continue searching.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
rfjones said:

Any ideas?

I had the same problem on my 796D and thanks to this board, it was resolved. You have the SCREEN MASK set to ON. Go to MENU > SYSTEM OPTIONS > SCREEN MASK >( OFF )

Last edited:

duckbird

werinshades said:
I had the same problem on my 796D and thanks to this board, it was resolved. You have the SCREEN MASK set to OFF. Go to MENU > SYSTEM OPTIONS > SCREEN MASK >( ON )

As the great Maxwell Smart would say "The old screen mask trick"

We tend to forget or not be aware that when the Screen Mask on, it limits some of the features of the scanner.

rfjones

The Old Screen Mask Trick,indeed.Thanks to werinshades,I'd still be hunting this one.And thanks to all the others for quick responses,a great list folks.

Bob
W0OXJ

Status
Not open for further replies.