• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

2Bravo Is A Good Buddy! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Matt,
I have become a fan of yours on 147.045 at night. You guys keep me company. I need to get my ticket to talk to you. Take care good buddy! J/K Take it easy man.

P.J.

car2back

Yeah 2b, A little bird (PJ) just informed me he heard that you copied that 10-65 vehicle from Midland, TX and were talking about it on 147.045

good to know I have some fans out there on while I am on hoot shift...:D

Hollar back if you ever need anything else!

iamhere300

Premium Subscriber
2b is also a handy guy to have around when scrotes decide to
set off your security alarm.....

phil_smith said:
Yeah 2b, A little bird (PJ) just informed me he heard that you copied that 10-65 vehicle from Midland, TX and were talking about it on 147.045

good to know I have some fans out there on while I am on hoot shift...:D

Hollar back if you ever need anything else!

CommShrek

Well thanks guys. I have to do something to stay awake. The group of us that BS on there just try to keep each other awake I guess. Yep, you should get your HAM radio license PJ. Anyone else for that matter, the more the merrier.

warhead2

i just got mine in the mail 2wks ago havnt got a radio to talk on yet but will be going to hamfest on july 15 in OKC

OkRob

It's a piece of cake, Phil. Pickup a Technicians Class book and study it for the test. It's a simple test after you go through the book to learn the operating practices, frequency ranges, etc.

Some Radio Shack stores even have this book:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104011&cp

or you can find other books online or probably at the local bookstores. Some of the local clubs also have some classes from time to time.

You can likely also borrow a book from someone online here that has gotten beyond needing it. I'd offer you one of mine but I got licensed so long ago that I'm sure mine are not up to date.

Go for it! :)

- Rob

car2back

thanks Rob, where should I look for testing locations & dates once I feel I am ready to take the exam?

OkRob

Here's a list that should be current Phil. They have them regularly, so finding one should not be a problem. I wish I had a recent book to give you, but I took my test almost 20 years ago and I know some things have changed and I have not gotten a later book.

Here's the site with the test sessions:

http://tulsahamradio.org/Area_Testing.htm

It's really pretty easy to get it if you study the book a little bit. Take care...

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.