2Bravo Is A Good Buddy! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Matt,
I have become a fan of yours on 147.045 at night. You guys keep me company. I need to get my ticket to talk to you. Take care good buddy! J/K Take it easy man.

P.J.

car2back

Yeah 2b, A little bird (PJ) just informed me he heard that you copied that 10-65 vehicle from Midland, TX and were talking about it on 147.045

good to know I have some fans out there on while I am on hoot shift...:D

Hollar back if you ever need anything else!

iamhere300

2b is also a handy guy to have around when scrotes decide to
set off your security alarm.....

phil_smith said:
Yeah 2b, A little bird (PJ) just informed me he heard that you copied that 10-65 vehicle from Midland, TX and were talking about it on 147.045

good to know I have some fans out there on while I am on hoot shift...:D

Hollar back if you ever need anything else!

CommShrek

Well thanks guys. I have to do something to stay awake. The group of us that BS on there just try to keep each other awake I guess. Yep, you should get your HAM radio license PJ. Anyone else for that matter, the more the merrier.

warhead2

i just got mine in the mail 2wks ago havnt got a radio to talk on yet but will be going to hamfest on july 15 in OKC

OkRob

It's a piece of cake, Phil. Pickup a Technicians Class book and study it for the test. It's a simple test after you go through the book to learn the operating practices, frequency ranges, etc.

Some Radio Shack stores even have this book:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104011&cp

or you can find other books online or probably at the local bookstores. Some of the local clubs also have some classes from time to time.

You can likely also borrow a book from someone online here that has gotten beyond needing it. I'd offer you one of mine but I got licensed so long ago that I'm sure mine are not up to date.

Go for it! :)

- Rob

car2back

thanks Rob, where should I look for testing locations & dates once I feel I am ready to take the exam?

OkRob

Here's a list that should be current Phil. They have them regularly, so finding one should not be a problem. I wish I had a recent book to give you, but I took my test almost 20 years ago and I know some things have changed and I have not gotten a later book.

Here's the site with the test sessions:

http://tulsahamradio.org/Area_Testing.htm

It's really pretty easy to get it if you study the book a little bit. Take care...

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.