2m/440 + Scanner Ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4low

Hi all. I am new hr...anybody hve any thoughts on a 2m/440 tx Ant with a gud general coverage rx for scanner..I know this a prolly a stupid question...but hve been away from scanner monitoring for a long time....hi hi.....any help wud be wonderfull!!... tnx .. Jim... 73..

djeplett

I use the Radiall/Larsen NMO270. It's a dual band antenna that isn't too large and it does very well for scanning.

The 150/450/800 triband scanner antenna by Larsen would probably do better for scanning alone, but I doubt you'd want to transmit with it.

Your choice will depend on what frequencies you want to monitor. If you want to monitor 800MHz as well as VHF and UHF then the NMO270 wouldn't do very well there.

kd4low

tnx djeplett....that what i wuz wondering abt....!.. i use a a 13b2 fer tx and general rx... wuz wondering what might be new on the market.. hi.... the larson sounds like a great idea..!! tnx fer the info.... 73 Jim..

N1BHH

I use a Larsen NMO-2/70 at home on a mag mount on my air conditioner with very good results. Been using it in the current position several moths and it does the job. It does hear lots of 800 Megahertz stuff despite not being designed for it. Also have the Larsen NMO-150/450/800 on my van, and will probably get another one for use at home. It works very good for my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.