2M SSB nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfsparkz

Premium Subscriber
I am getting back into 2M SSB and would like to know of any nets in the Barrie area or close by as I am just using a 5 element beam for now with 50W. 73 Russ VE3ELL

SCPD

QRT
I know you are looking for local activity RFsparkz-- but you mentioned 'getting back into...'
Were you ever interested in meteor or aurora on 2 orginally?
I say that, because this winter I am thinking of returning to 2 SSB-- pointing my modest 13 element beam North and also 'rediscovering' the fun of 2 sideband. Its all still my intention, but maybe if you too will try it..... who knows?.... aurora and meteor scatter can be quite.... exciting? (for lack of a better word.... :) )
I also saw no one was answering your Post; I guess, maybe, a lack of 2 metre SSB interest in general?... their loss... (laffing)
Bonne chance !
.....................................CF.

SCPD

QRT
Back in the day (1960's) I never operated SSB on 2-meters (or anywhere else for that matter) but did CW and would you believe NBFM. I built a 100 Watt 5894 class C amp which I used and a 250 Watt class AB/B amp for SSB which I sold to a friend. There was a guy in Akron Ohio on 2M CW that worked all over the place and I pretty much could at least hear what he was working. Built several 2M converters with low-noise 416A or 417B tube preamps. Had two 10-element beams stacked at 1150 ft MSL. Fun times. I don't think 2M SSB was very popular at the time.
~~~
Arthur N. Paradis, W8KAY was the guy above in Akron.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ohio/obituary.aspx?pid=171121996

Last edited:

rfsparkz

Premium Subscriber
2m ssb

I only have a modest4 element beam pointed south for now . I may install something better in a few weeks. I will see what it is like on field day for 2m ssb then decide if it is worth the cost of more antennas. 73 Russ ve3ell

Status
Not open for further replies.