3 Feeds-3 Computers Want 1 Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

a417

U+0000
You don't even need a powerhouse of a single computer to do that.

Windows XP running on an older Core 2 Duo system will reliably serve 3 streams if you're going from dongle-to-stream on low overhead software and not running some disgusting bloated pig of a software suite like SDR# or GQRX...

swstow

Premium Subscriber
I currently run 2 feeds from one computer , 2 files of proscan , 2 external sound cards , and a 10 outlet USB hub , I also monitor 3 other scanners thru the multi port UBS hub all on 1 computer running windows 10 w/proscan

Xplorer00

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like an expensive way to crack the nut.
There's plenty of free software out there to do the same thing using inexpensive RTL dongles.

VBcable is a great tool for "virtual" audio cables using multiple RTL's on one computer.

boatbod

You don't even need a powerhouse of a single computer to do that.
I run three feeds from two different P25 Ph2 systems using one instance of op25 on a NUC7i5. In my case I am now doing it with a single Airspy Mini @ 6Mhz, but in the past it worked equally well with three RTL dongles.

Oh and the nuc also hosts my Ubiquity Unifi server, a weather station and some other stuff....

SaSal

Also running a nuc in rack - testing 6 x RTL's ( 3 x 2 RTL pairs in DSD+) on a P25 P2 system (3 x different TG lists) with 3 x Proscan stream (each pair on a separate VB cable. Also running 3 x powershell scripts that I made to allow Proscan to send DSD+ metadata as it streams.

The above is all working, next part is getting 2 x AS and 2 x AS HF shared out on same Nuc - running 3 x USB 3 active hubs.

Not sure if all the AS's will stay on same Nuc, to be fair 3 x DSD+ and powershell scripts running does make the Nuc work pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.