3 tones regular intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaBob

Premium Subscriber
Hello.

Just curious. There appear to be three tones transmitted every 10 seconds on 413.5375 MHz. I am currently in Renfrew downtown hearing these.

It appears the frequency is assigned to OPP repeater. Just wondering if anyone knows what these tones are.

Thank you for satisfying my curiosity

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like a portable being turned on repeatedly but not connecting or something. It's transmitting the tone 107.2 which is the PL tone for that Beat Repeater.

Odd though for this to be happening. First I've heard this.

Hello.

Just curious. There appear to be three tones transmitted every 10 seconds on 413.5375 MHz. I am currently in Renfrew downtown hearing these.

It appears the frequency is assigned to OPP repeater. Just wondering if anyone knows what these tones are.

Thank you for satisfying my curiosity

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the Beat Repeater is offline. There's been no radio comms on it all that I've noticed since you brought this up.

All that is happening is the tone markers as if it's a portable turning on and trying to connect.

gary123

My guess is a portable at the detachment was left turned on in the charger.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Still the same thing today. Still the same beeps like a radio is turning on and trying to connect. Still no radio comms on the Beat Repeater though.

I wonder how long this has been going on. I doubt it'd be a portable in the charger. I'd imagine they know about this already.

Perhaps this is a way of decommissioning a Beat Repeater.

gary123

Some guys like "their portable". Also the battery packs are getting real dated the radio may have a bad pack on it or someone thinks leaving it on while charging may resurect the battery? We are all speculating on the cause so anything is possible. All we can do is see if the signal disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.