Status
Not open for further replies.

gvranchosbill

FEB 25 & FEB 26 2014
RX location Lake tahoe,Nv-Pacific Time Zone
Comms from Central Time Zone

30.2250 MHz/146.2 Hz
"Bearcat" to "Emergency Operations" have you "Alpha @ One Seven Zero Zero"
"Have you Alpha @ One Seven Zero Five" turns out to be 2 Hours ahead of my current time 15:05 PST.

Calsigns heard:
"EAGLE-11 to Mercy Ops have you Alpha @ local"
"PALDIN-09 Mercy Ops" requesting fuel for Aircraft #5xxx (Not confirmed as Paldin, could be similar sounding, searching for others)
"PALDIN-02 Mercy Ops"
"AIRCRAFT-06"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scanner is decoding 151.4 Hz(150.0 Hz) just fine but this is one two freqs with 146.2 Hz.
Signals are loud and clear with some comms coming from Alaska and Illinois.
Could this be a Govt Contractor using these tones?
Female speaking english with no accent/dialects.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30.1750 MHz/146.2 Hz
"Wolverine Base" to "Wolverine X-Ray" Helo Operations.

Anybody know who this is using tone 146.2 Hz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.preventionweb.net/english/professional/contacts/profile.php?id=1074
http://www.preventionweb.net/english/countries/
http://www.mercycorps.org/events/inside-emergency-response

Upon seaching Mercy Ops found this with links to training (U.N. Type stuff)

This may be a good thread for Military monitoring?

Last edited:

prcguy

Looking at an old VHF lo band plan the the 30.0 to 30.55MHz range is FED GOV and 30.225 does not match the channel increments but it does match the 25KHz channel spacing of newer military radios. In my experience the military 150Hz tone is not as frequency stable as commercial CTCSS tones, especially on older series radios.
prcguy

gvranchosbill

I was pondering that today as i heard Mercy Ops around 12:00PM PST
The tone wasnt decoding during the brief transmission (Skip is all over the place) no one signal
is stationary long enough yet to check again.

I think your right and its somewhere in between 146.2(150.0)151.4 and scanner cant make up its mind whether to show 146.2 or 151.4.
Im sure if 150.0 was included in scanner it would show up.
There are only two out of hundreds of Mil Freqs i have logged that show up as 146.2 all the rest show as 151.4 or none at all.
I can tell though when the Military Xmits, the tone is very loud like they cranked up the adjustment all the way.
So far today and its still to early to copy the Mercy Ops freq (Afternoon its very stable) another unknown i have been hearing for a few years is xmiting (32.1500 MHz/150.0Hz) with aircraft comms.
The word heard was "Playback" then faded out.
I will return to this thread in a little while.
Im listening to VHF Lowband Military only today.
32.1500 MHz/150.0Hz just tried to come in but unreadable.
Heard it again and sounds like Tower giving wind etc for Inbound or Outbound Aircraft.
30.2750 MHz/150.0Hz is now trying to come in.
32.1500 MHz/150.0Hz is getting better just heard it again. Im determined to ID it. LOL
30.1000 MHz/150.0Hz just came in may be a good day to record these.
32.1500 MHz/150.0Hz very busy.
Turning on recorder.

Last edited:

prcguy

The deviation spec for mil 150Hz tone on transmit is 3KHz. Compare that to the old standard of 750Hz deviation for commercial radios and for newer narrow band radios its less but I'm not up on the newer spec.

Getting back to the military 3KHz tone deviation, narrow band radios only use 2.5KHz peak voice deviation so the military radios have more tone than a commercial radio has voice deviation. That's why it sounds so loud when received on a scanner or commercial radio.
prcguy

I was pondering that today as i heard Mercy Ops around 12:00PM PST
The tone wasnt decoding during the brief transmission (Skip is all over the place) no one signal
is stationary long enough yet to check again.

I think your right and its somewhere in between 146.2(150.0)151.4 and scanner cant make up its mind whether to show 146.2 or 151.4.
Im sure if 150.0 was included in scanner it would show up.
There are only two out of hundreds of Mil Freqs i have logged that show up as 146.2 all the rest show as 151.4 or none at all.
I can tell though when the Military Xmits, the tone is very loud like they cranked up the adjustment all the way.
So far today and its still to early to copy the Mercy Ops freq (Afternoon its very stable) another unknown i have been hearing for a few years is xmiting (32.1500 MHz/150.0Hz) with aircraft comms.
The word heard was "Playback" then faded out.
I will return to this thread in a little while.
Im listening to VHF Lowband Military only today.
32.1500 MHz/150.0Hz just tried to come in but unreadable.
Heard it again and sounds like Tower giving wind etc for Inbound or Outbound Aircraft.
30.2750 MHz/150.0Hz is now trying to come in.
32.1500 MHz/150.0Hz is getting better just heard it again. Im determined to ID it. LOL
30.1000 MHz/150.0Hz just came in may be a good day to record these.
32.1500 MHz/150.0Hz very busy.
Turning on recorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.