300 mA or 800 mA for Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering which 9V power supply we require for our Pro-96. I currently have a 9V 800mA power supply and my friend has a 9V 300mA power supply. He needs a replacement power supply and we were wondering which one do we actually need?

TES

Just wondering which 9V power supply we require for our Pro-96. I currently have a 9V 800mA power supply and my friend has a 9V 300mA power supply. He needs a replacement power supply and we were wondering which one do we actually need?

If you'll look at the manual like I just did you may find the page that says:

Power Requirements:
External Power....................................9 V/300 mA DC

HTH

DickH

If you'll look at the manual like I just did you may find the page that says:

Power Requirements:
External Power....................................9 V/300 mA DC

HTH

If you are implying that the 800mA power supply will not work or will somehow damage his scanner, you are not correct. The scanner will use only as much current as it needs; 100mA, 200mA or 300mA. If a power supply is CAPABLE of supplying 800mA it will simply run a lot cooler if it's only supplying 300mA.

TES

If you are implying that the 800mA power supply will not work or will somehow damage his scanner, you are not correct . . .

I have no idea why there might be any suggestion that I was implying anything. I simply quoted a passage from the Pro-96 User Manual that showed the power requirement of the scanner. The User Manual doesn't bother to qualify the published requirement with the word "minimum" and I didn't feel the need to add anything to their published number. I was giving the OP credit for knowing that the 300 mA is a minimum.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
And to add to all of the info here.... the RS "TIP" you need for the Pro-96 is the "B" tip.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Great!—the Adaptaplug "B" vs. "C" controversy still lives: Adaptaplug question

Ya... it's always been a point of confusion.

I have a Pro-96 and I had a problem with the tip I had at first... it did not work properly.

Based on suggestions from several people, I got a "B" tip and have been a happy camper since.

I am using the 9V-300mA unit from RS.

RickS31

Attachments

• Adapta.jpg
    Adapta.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 429
Status
Not open for further replies.