310 Data transfer issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrhenker

Just wondering... Am I the only one who has trouble transferring data from Win500 to the PSR-310? It never seems to work on the first try. The syncing continues according to the Win500 program, but from anywhere between 0-99% complete on the first try, the radio resets. It always works on the second try.

Last edited:

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Just wondering... Am I the only one who has trouble transferring data from Win500 to the PSR-310? It never seems to work on the first try. The syncing continues according to the Win500 program, but from anywhere between 0-99% complete on the first try, the radio resets. It always works on the second try.
Well, the first time I tried failed but that's because I didn't realize there was a separate menu item that says "upload to 310/410". So it worked just fine the first time I selected the correct command albeit somewhat slower compared to a 106 upload.

However, later in the evening, I went to upload a file and it did fail the first time maybe halfway through but worked the second time. But having just got it, I couldn't say it's a pattern yet. The same has happened with the 106 at random.

I will add that I couldn't access the Virtual Scanner through win500 but didn't really care to troubleshoot at the time. It may or may not be a bug. My trial period ends tomorrow :( Guess I'll have to pony up the dough.

I'll also add that my first impression of this scanner is WOW! It does not disappoint on receive, display, looks, and feel. I'm in the process of posting vids on youtube to compliment the other 4 on there, since that's what helped me to purchase this great scanner.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
I've been having the same issue on Win 500 with both a PSR 500 & 600 at different times. If you watch the screen on the scanner when it happens you will see"Checksum Failure" displayed. I simply make another attempt to upload and it always goes through.
Does anyone know what causes this and how to remedy?

DonS

What version of CPU firmware do you have in your PSR-500 and PSR-600? There was a firmware change quite a while ago that addressed the scanner's "receive speed". Without that update, Win500 might send data "too fast", resulting in errors.

The PSR-310 came from the PSR-500 source code. I'm not sure which version of the PSR-500 source tree was ported over, so it may not have that fix.

I'll have to add some throttling to Win500's upload speed.

DonS

I've put up a test version of Win500 that should help with the PSR-310 upload problems. It can be downloaded via this link. If it works, I'll make it the 'released' version.

Oldglide

PSREdit also

I have the same problem with PSREdit, it never transfers right. Modes are all wrong, sometimes alpha tags are gone, weather FIPS and SAME gone, a real pain. After fixing everything I could just as easily entered everything from scratch.

mikey60

I have the same problem with PSREdit, it never transfers right. Modes are all wrong, sometimes alpha tags are gone, weather FIPS and SAME gone, a real pain. After fixing everything I could just as easily entered everything from scratch.

Make sure you're using PSREdit310, not PSREdit500, they're not compatible. (There is a special deal available if you've purchased a PSREdit500 license).

Also if the upload is an issue, there's an option on the Serial port Configuration page to add delay when uploading to the scanner.

Mike

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Tried it

I've put up a test version of Win500 that should help with the PSR-310 upload problems. It can be downloaded via this link. If it works, I'll make it the 'released' version.
Don...Upload completed successfully on first pass with this version on 2 different occasions. Looks like a keeper.

Oldglide

PSR-310 more on the data transfer

My last experience was with PSREdit310 software converting a PSREdit300 file, not good, as mentioned in the previous post. Downloaded the file from a PSR-300 to PSREdit310 software, still no good. Have also had trouble importing data from a PSR300 to a 500 and also arc files. Not that big of a deal but they never are complete. Should I have to do it more than once?

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
What version of CPU firmware do you have in your PSR-500 and PSR-600? There was a firmware change quite a while ago that addressed the scanner's "receive speed". Without that update, Win500 might send data "too fast", resulting in errors.

The PSR-310 came from the PSR-500 source code. I'm not sure which version of the PSR-500 source tree was ported over, so it may not have that fix.

I'll have to add some throttling to Win500's upload speed.

Don,
I have most recent updates in all scanners. 2 600's and 1 500. It does not always do this but more often than not.

wrhenker

Ha.. I think the upload speed revision on Win500, for the 310 worked. Transferred data three times, no error message and took the first try. I guess its just a matter of asking, then one receives! Thanks Don...

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Still working...

Subsequent uploads since my last post (#9) have been without incident as well. :cool:

Sure makes it easy deciding which software to go with...

DonS

Since it seems to be working, I've made 1.99 the 'released' version, and have removed the temporary ZIP file.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just an update, I'm having this same issue with my PSR-410 (firmware v1.1, the latest release). Same symptoms, after about 3-4% I get the "Checksum error" and reset, then I'm able to upload the programming. This happens with PSREdit310, Win500 and ARC310, so it's likely a firmware issue with the 310/410.

Status
Not open for further replies.