310 firmware question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwiscan

Hello-

My GRE PSR 310 has the following firmware:

boot version f1.0
app f1.2

What are the specifics about the firmware upgrade I see offered on the GRE website dated Jan. 2011?

Happy Holidays!

nwiscan

thank you.

thank you for posting the link to that thread, I couldnt find anything on the upgrade. I have never used the attenuator function (yet) but I will read it over.

Im glad to hear its only that one upgrade/fix and I wont need to pony up for a cable.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The data format also changed between v1.0 and v1.1, so if you ever intend on using programming software (Win500, PSREdit310, ARC310) you'll need to first update to v1.1. Since you don't own the programming cable, that's clearly not an issue at this point, but is definitely worth mentioning for reference.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
When I went to upgrade the firmware on a new 410 this week it said something like... The firmware on your radio is ver 1.3. Do you want to upgrade to ver 1.1 ???

eagleswings01

thank you for posting the link to that thread, I couldnt find anything on the upgrade. I have never used the attenuator function (yet) but I will read it over.

Im glad to hear its only that one upgrade/fix and I wont need to pony up for a cable.

Although having the software as a back up would be nice, I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one without a cable. I don't own the software and have programmed almost 200 entries by now.

Great little scanner with lots of great support here on RR.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Oh ya, before anyone asks....

============================================================
CPU Production Firmware Version 1.1 release notes:

- U1.1 Corrects bug found on Attenuator feature
- U1.2 Corrects bug related to Attenuator feature
- U1.3 Corrects band plan for marine channels
- U1.4 Adds patch support feature,
and changes the ranges of Public Safety Service Search

Status
Not open for further replies.