311.000am

Status
Not open for further replies.

autovon

Ø
Being going on for an hour. I'm guessing it's a wrong setting on a transmitter or a malfunctioning radio.

autovon

Ø
I was thinking it was an E-6B, but not sure. I'm fairly certain it's airborne. Are you on the east or west side of the state?
edit: I think it's actually COBRA24, a WC-135 that's been flying around the Iowa area. Signal is getting stronger as it flies westbound.

Last edited:

dcs00

KCØDAA
I heard the dit, dit it at my QTH in Olathe, KS as well. I was like what is this ? dit dit, dit dit, for at least an hour.
Several more MilCom groups on FB reported it as well? If you hear anything else about it please post.

Thanks,

autovon

Ø
I am 100% sure it was the WC-135 out of Offutt. They went out to the eastern part of Iowa for a bit and then back west. It stopped when they landed.

dcs00

KCØDAA
Yeah, I think you are correct I heard it loud and clear at my QTH in KS. Thanks for replying.

Romak3

Banned
I'm south of DSM. It started out faint with static and then progressively got louder and more clear. It started fading again. That's when I posted. Stayed fairly noisy from then on. New to me on the freq. Will keep a post on it.

Thanks!

dcs00

KCØDAA
Do you follow them on adsbexchange.com? I do almost daily since I have been WFH. Good to find another Milcom monitor in the Midwest. I am in Olathe, KS near KIXD. Are you on the Facebook MilCom page by any chance ? I posted there about it as well ....

Can share MilCom loggings with you if you are interested? Just let me know : )

KCØDAA

Status
Not open for further replies.