32.265 MHz. P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

In fact the entire range of 32Mhz was once set aside for US Govt use, Fed and military. The US military could be anywhere in that range in 25KHz increments and the Fed users had a band plan with 20KHz channel spacing.
It still is. The low band federal allocations are:
29.89-30.55
32.00-33.00
34.00-35.00
36.00-37.00
38.26-39.00
40.00-42.00
46.60-47.00
49.60-50.00

spacellamaman

I would-----but I am using the 396xt , it is much more sensitive in my area (I use a 396t also). I have the 436, and for 700/800 it does fine. I have always been a HUGE fan of the 396T/XT radios. I will post more info if a hear any. Thanks again!

sorry i dunt reed so good.

let me adjust that statement.

when receiving oddball stuff on that beauty of a 396, crank up that 436, park it on whatever is interesting and

PUT THAT SUCKA ON RECORD

speaking of which, i just checked on my 436, which has been running for about 8 hours vacuuming up juicy stuff and ya know what i listened to that happened while i was away from the scanner doing other stuff?

NOOOOOO-THHIIIIIINNNNN

cuz i fergot to put that sucka on record.....

as each and every girlfriend i have ever had will tell ya:

"He may look it, but he ain't, perfect"

ecps92

Going out on a limb on this one, but since SARA uses $06A as a NAC, Hmmmmm - Image [till proven otherwide]

I spent 6 mo's tracking a Low Band image, when it was my local DPW on 460 Mhz.
We all get them, even the BEST of Radios.

Take a 2nd Scanner and lock it on the various frequencies for the nearest SARA site and see which one is your image

Thanks for the reply------I caught them again tonight. Still encrypted , except one time, they were in the clear. This time the NAC came up at least a dozen times with it. The display of the 396xt was NAC:6A-------no 3rd digit or number, I have not seen this before. I will post in the Low Band (skip forum also).

Haley

You might be right, the conditions haven't been as good today or last night. Going to go out and try in a bit again. Weird part is if it was a local image , wouldn't it come regardless of conditions? I mean last night the local PD was as busy as always, but nothing came through on 32.265. I will keep trying and post anything I find out!

Haley

Haley make sure you enable the IFX feature on your 396xt. (FUNC + 4)
Thanks for reminding me-----I will try that tonight if I get a chance.

Little update, last night the local system was busy for a week night. Had a G5 on the Marshalltown tower, and the 436hp on the Collins site. Plenty of calls, clear and encrypted. Nothing at all on my mystery freq. So I checked out the rest of the band, conditions improved greatly around 7pm CDT. 29.50,29.62, 29.64 10meter were booming in------I mean 5 bars (out of 5)on the 396xt. Still nothing on the 32.265 freq.

SO, is it possible that we all could be right ? For example maybe it is a Federal user(or Military)? Or a tester, or an exercise(or live drill, or actual event)of some sort? And it truly is a Low Band P25 , but it's just weak enough to pick up the NAC from my local tower?? I literally can see the tower from my back yard. Its only a mile or so away. I don't know if that scenario is even possible, but I am at a loss. I will keep trying though to see if anything else turns up, and keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the ideas, and replies!

ecps92

Depends.
Which Zone/Site is it coming from and then which frequency.

Remember on trunking, depending on how busy a site is, some frequencies are held in reserve. ie: Used Last
SO it could be a one of those, or as you indicate one of the father away sites...

I think we all await what your monitoring provides
You might be right, the conditions haven't been as good today or last night. Going to go out and try in a bit again. Weird part is if it was a local image , wouldn't it come regardless of conditions? I mean last night the local PD was as busy as always, but nothing came through on 32.265. I will keep trying and post anything I find out!

ScubaJungle

Going out on a limb on this one, but since SARA uses $06A as a NAC, Hmmmmm - Image [till proven otherwide]

Take a 2nd Scanner and lock it on the various frequencies for the nearest SARA site and see which one is your image
I would agree with @ecps92 here. I think it's pretty unlikely the NAC is exactly the same, especially if that isnt a normally used NAC for the feds, and I get these from time to time in the 380 range, as well as in the 160 range of NOAA. But @prcguy and @ecps92 are about the experts of fed and military here.

spacellamaman

we must've been looking that up at the same time yesterday. when i saw how many sites had 06A listed, well i figured perhaps we had all collectively agreed on that being the source when it was first brought up early on and i just missed it. frankly i hated to burst the bubble.

my 436 and it appears the 396's as well, bring the audio through nice and clean like everything is working as it should. it should at least be comfort that there are capable scanners for low band P25, assuming it truly exists somewhere Outside of our scanners :)

like ecps92 said, it happens to the best of us.

Haley

I would agree with @ecps92 here. I think it's pretty unlikely the NAC is exactly the same, especially if that isnt a normally used NAC for the feds, and I get these from time to time in the 380 range, as well as in the 160 range of NOAA. But @prcguy and @ecps92 are about the experts of fed and military here.

I agree with you for sure on the "experts" here, I would of course add Chris P. -------I've learned A LOT, just reading their posts over the years.

Haley

we must've been looking that up at the same time yesterday. when i saw how many sites had 06A listed, well i figured perhaps we had all collectively agreed on that being the source when it was first brought up early on and i just missed it. frankly i hated to burst the bubble.

my 436 and it appears the 396's as well, bring the audio through nice and clean like everything is working as it should. it should at least be comfort that there are capable scanners for low band P25, assuming it truly exists somewhere Outside of our scanners :)

like ecps92 said, it happens to the best of us.

I am still monitoring to see if anything pops up. I do have the IFX enabled now also, so thanks to Devicelab for reminding me (I should have thought of that right away). So far nothing, good conditions too, 29.62 , 40.67 (SNOTEL), and 25.00 (WWV) all coming in fine (among others). These are kind of my "test" freq. for band openings. Heck, just too see how strong some of the signals were, I used a special cut VHF 160 Mhz. handheld antenna, RS 800 Mhz, Diamond RCH77, and a telescoping (48 inch) antenna------and all the above signals were coming in , again on the 396xt. Of course the telescoping had a stronger signal, but 2-3 bars on a 160Mhz ? I didn't think that was too bad! Anyway just an update-------if I EVER find this signal again(which I doubt) I will try to get a video of it also. I am resigning myself to the fact that somehow it was a one off image, and just the right atmospheric condition's, like most of you said.

spacellamaman

I am still monitoring to see if anything pops up. I do have the IFX enabled now also, so thanks to Devicelab for reminding me (I should have thought of that right away). So far nothing, good conditions too, 29.62 , 40.67 (SNOTEL), and 25.00 (WWV) all coming in fine (among others). These are kind of my "test" freq. for band openings. Heck, just too see how strong some of the signals were, I used a special cut VHF 160 Mhz. handheld antenna, RS 800 Mhz, Diamond RCH77, and a telescoping (48 inch) antenna------and all the above signals were coming in , again on the 396xt. Of course the telescoping had a stronger signal, but 2-3 bars on a 160Mhz ? I didn't think that was too bad! Anyway just an update-------if I EVER find this signal again(which I doubt) I will try to get a video of it also. I am resigning myself to the fact that somehow it was a one off image, and just the right atmospheric condition's, like most of you said.

just don't dispair or get too discouraged, it's a sharp learning curve. i dunno bout everyone else here, but i have done the same type things a thousand times. still do from time to time even now, but it's a good reminder to myself that i have to approach things with a critical eye at all times.

using tests freqs, comparing multiple antennas, making your own custom ones for various reasons, those are all the things i started doing early on and it made for a lot good experience real fast. those are all things i still do now. in fact, 29.62 is something i have been meaning to look up cause i caught some stuff on it the other day which i hadn't before. 40.67 is the same path i found myself starting out from learning about skip and various data systems. if nothing else its all interesting learning about these things regardless of how you got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.