325P2/996P2 Can you confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milcom_chaser

Greetings,

If you own a 325P2 or 996P2, and live in an area that has a P-25 Phase II system, can you set up your radio to
do a control channel only search (under 'Search For...' in the menu screen), and confirm your radio not only trunks when it comes upon the control channel, but also decodes the audio?

Trying to make a distinction between a unique site/system issue or a firmware/radio issue.

Your posted results are appreciated.

Thank You.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you can go into the menu and create a "Custom Search", ex: 769.000 -775.000, when the scanner lands on a CC it stops and will receive all active TG's ...I use that to find any new "CC's" in my area or on a specific system....

ccs247

Premium Subscriber
The 325P2 does decode voice channels in the Hawaii Islands Regional Interoperability Network (HIRIN) 700mhz P25 phase 1 system while in control channel only search mode. On the Hawaii County VHF P25 phase 2 system, it will lock onto the control channel and switch to a voice channel, but outputs only noise while displaying the talk group.

milcom_chaser

Yes, you can go into the menu and create a "Custom Search", ex: 769.000 -775.000, when the scanner lands on a CC it stops and will receive all active TG's ...I use that to find any new "CC's" in my area or on a specific system....

Yes, I'm aware of that. Are you within range of a P-25 Phase II system? If yes, re-read my initial thread request, and post your results.

Thank You.

Last edited:

milcom_chaser

The 325P2 does decode voice channels in the Hawaii Islands Regional Interoperability Network (HIRIN) 700mhz P25 phase 1 system while in control channel only search mode. On the Hawaii County VHF P25 phase 2 system, it will lock onto the control channel and switch to a voice channel, but outputs only noise while displaying the talk group.

Thanks for posting. Same experience here with a 325P2. This confirms it's a radio/firmware issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.