325P2 performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilbell

i bought a new 325P2 and initially liked it. I ran a test against my 996P2 and the reception was much poorer than the 996P2. I had both scanners being fed with the same Diamond Discone antenna, through my Stridsberg Multicoupler. Both scanners had the exactly identical program installed by my Proscan software. I switched the coupler ports back and forth to see if there was a difference in port performance. The 996 was much better in receiving our large phase 1 trunked system as well as on conventional channels.

I was disappointed and promptly returned the 325. Several days later a friend brought his new 325P2 to my house and we put it through the same testing process. This time the performance was equal with maybe the 325 being a very tiny bit better on some talk groups and frequencies. This makes me wonder if:

A. - a possible component problem in the first 325
B. - a faulty BNC cable used in the first tests (I have a number of BNC cables which I use)
C. - A manufacturing problem or a QC failure by Uniden

I really like the small size (shirt-pocket) of the 325 and I certainly love my 996P2 so I am thinking about buying another 325, this time getting a "good" one.

Anyone with opinions or ideas??

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA

Status
Not open for further replies.