325p2 pick up csp simulcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

I am Farmington Valley, where my PSR800, 325P2, AND G4 all work very well, with the G4 being the top of the heap. The SDS configured in a variety of ways, even with my most ANAL RETENTIVE organized list just did not work the same.. so I bought a second to compare... same result. I thought, if all I am using this thing for us p25, and it can barely do that well... might as well ditch them.
Hmm. I have a buddy in farmington along the route 6 line(few miles off) and hasn't had any issues that I know of. I'm not to sure of where the farmington valley is because I don't live in the area, but that stinks either way that it doesn't work for you.
Does an sdr work?

Cheeseburgers

Hmm. I have a buddy in farmington along the route 6 line(few miles off) and hasn't had any issues that I know of. I'm not to sure of where the farmington valley is because I don't live in the area, but that stinks either way that it doesn't work for you.
Does an sdr work?

Todd's P25rx did the best next to the G4, I would say both were equivalent.

ckohanowski

Premium Subscriber
Here is an update to my original post. I recently picked up a used 325p2 from a member here and have found the following after testing. I have my 536 with uniden telescopic antenna, my homepatrol 2 with telescopic antenna, my 325p2 with stock or diamond duck antenna and my 396xt with aftermarket duck antenna. All radios operating side by side. The 536 picks up csp simulcast fine so I'll say 100%, the 325 picks up csp simulcast about 50 - 75%, hp2 csp about 25% so I'm happy with the 325. I'm glad I bought it as it is small and picks up great. The hp2 which goes back in my truck picks up more more conventional channels than my 536 did in the truck so I'm ok with that. It's funny how with all radios side by side some pick up stations and others don't even though their all programmed the same. Maybe someday I'll go with an sds but can't justify getting just for csp.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Bcd325p2 is my traveling scanner for the car. It picks up almost everything , including CLMRN, with the telescopic comet antenna. But on CLMRN it won't come in in certain locations, including near home.

Status
Not open for further replies.