325p2 pick up csp simulcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

900mhz

The signs of simulcast issues I see with my BCD996P2 is the scanner momentarily stops scanning with a talk group displayed yet no audio or you receive the audio, but it resumes scanning immediately after ignoring the delay option. As you mentioned, both are totally random depending on where I'm located. Generally I have good luck whereas I can monitor complete conversations, but I know I'm likely missing them completely as well. I would love to hear that Uniden is working on a SDS version that's a bit more sizable for mobile (besides the portable). It's too big and to much display to be in my car.
Agree. The SDS200 is a bit big for mobile applications. Plus it relies on a Micro SD card as well. With temperature and humidity variations in the mobile environment I prefer a 996P2 in for a mobile, while not perfect, it seems to handle things like starting the engine while turned on. I will grab a G4 with me as well. What I do like about the 996P2 is that it seems to do a great job with analog stuff. Mine goes through the paces, and keeps on ticking in the mobile environment.

lu81fitter

I'm not a fan of the database scanners. I've tried and really didn't like it. I have a 325 and 2 996P2's and another 996P2 on the way. I wish Uniden would just take the receiver out of the SDS 200 and put it in a 996P2. That radio, IMO, is one of the best. No cards, no annoying service types, no monitor this or ignore that. Just lock or unlock what you want.
But.... I digress. I like my 325P2. It has worked well for me. It has been said here that it is all about location, and that is very true. The only way you will know is if you try it where you are.
Good luck and happy scanning!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Sorry you do not understand programming I have all the above listed and the SDS and x36's list your favorites try to get that out of the P2's
I have over 50 Favorites the p2's have cheat sheets or just look up in the SDS or x36 scanners what Favorite number I want to turn on or off.

KC3ECJ

I'm not a fan of the database scanners. I've tried and really didn't like it. I have a 325 and 2 996P2's and another 996P2 on the way. I wish Uniden would just take the receiver out of the SDS 200 and put it in a 996P2. That radio, IMO, is one of the best. No cards, no annoying service types, no monitor this or ignore that. Just lock or unlock what you want.
But.... I digress. I like my 325P2. It has worked well for me. It has been said here that it is all about location, and that is very true. The only way you will know is if you try it where you are.
Good luck and happy scanning!

It is a bit perplexing. I was just saying how easy it was to program a Motorola Type II system on a Pro-163 VS an SDS100 on another thread.
Yeah the SDS100 is more customizable, but wow!

Reconrider

I'm not a fan of the database scanners. I've tried and really didn't like it.
But you don't need to use the database to program the scanner.
You can use proscan(paid) or sentinel(free) to program the scanner. I've never once programmed my sds100 with the built in database info - I don't remember the last time I even updated the scanner database in my scanner lol.

lu81fitter

But you don't need to use the database to program the scanner.
You can use proscan(paid) or sentinel(free) to program the scanner. I've never once programmed my sds100 with the built in database info - I don't remember the last time I even updated the scanner database in my scanner lol.

I don't use the database option either. I have my own programming that I put in via Proscan, and when I had problems with that, I tried Sentinel. The problem is, if you don't have the right service types enabled or set the system to monitor, or a myriad of other settings, the radio will tell you "Nothing to scan". It all has to be perfect. I don't care what service type it is or what is set to monitor, it's my own custom programming! Just scan it!! It drives me nuts!! It's a totally unnecessary option for custom programming. :mad:

Reconrider

I don't use the database option either. I have my own programming that I put in via Proscan, and when I had problems with that, I tried Sentinel. The problem is, if you don't have the right service types enabled or set the system to monitor, or a myriad of other settings, the radio will tell you "Nothing to scan". It all has to be perfect. I don't care what service type it is or what is set to monitor, it's my own custom programming! Just scan it!! It drives me nuts!! It's a totally unnecessary option for custom programming. :mad:
Oh 100%. I hate the service enabling crap, but for downloading and making your own list via scanner, it's very helpful - something I don't do though.

The good thing is you can enable services from the scanner, but I know proscan recently added the option, when importing to your scanner, enable services listed in upload.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The good thing is you can enable services from the scanner, but I know proscan recently added the option, when importing to your scanner, enable services listed in upload.
Correct. Thank you.

Option located in ProScan
Untitled.png

lu81fitter

Hey Bob. I tried that too. I didn't download the programming from RR. I migrated my programming from one or my 996P2's. I didn't want to re-invent the wheel, so to speak, on my programming. (almost 2000 channels) I ended up putting some of my local stuff in and just used it around my local area. When I found a good deal on a 325P2, I bought it and sold the 436. Then dumped the programming right in.

Cheeseburgers

Using a NON-SDS scanner on a SIMULCAST SYSTEM is like putting a TRASH BAG over your head and calling it an UMBRELLA.

the SDS series in Connecticut S T I N K S Bud. I know you LOVE them but they flat out suck. I had 2 SDS100 on CLMRN and tbh my PSR800 did a better job, as did my 325p2. Its a crappy scanner all around. Giant stupid battery, gets flaming hot, cheap parts, flimsy... the list goes on.

The Unication is superior. Get one for CLMRN and then fill in the gaps with an old Pro96 or something.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
As posted by me and others you did not spend the time or effort to learn to set up the scanner with filters and ifx settings to make the scanner outshine any other scanner you compare it to.

Cheeseburgers

i did use the filters you old dummy. in every thread that you post in youre an absolute bore dude... nobody likes you and its getting increasingly difficult to tolerate how annoying you are.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
One warning...stop the personal crap.

APX7500X2

Using a NON-SDS scanner on a SIMULCAST SYSTEM is like putting a TRASH BAG over your head and calling it an UMBRELLA.
That's your flawed op But those who know how to program a P2 scanner and understand the limits and ways to make it work can use the P2 scanners just fine on CLMRN..I even have a TRX-2 that works great on CLMRN :p

Cheeseburgers

Can I ask what area you're in?
Wondering if I've been your way with the same result
I am Farmington Valley, where my PSR800, 325P2, AND G4 all work very well, with the G4 being the top of the heap. The SDS configured in a variety of ways, even with my most ANAL RETENTIVE organized list just did not work the same.. so I bought a second to compare... same result. I thought, if all I am using this thing for us p25, and it can barely do that well... might as well ditch them.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
That's your flawed op But those who know how to program a P2 scanner and understand the limits and ways to make it work can use the P2 scanners just fine on CLMRN..I even have a TRX-2 that works great on CLMRN :p
Your statement is correct but for new users the choice is do I spend $500 on a maybe it will work in my environment and the way I want to use the scanner only to find out it does not work for them and they have to spend $700 more just to hear what they want to be out a total of $1200 when they could have only spent $700 total.

Status
Not open for further replies.