325p2, setting up a DMR system after getting DMR upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
...Didn’t find anything in RR Wiki either, or any other google search for “How to program DMR on BCD325P2”. There’s got to be something out there somewhere!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes it would be helpful to know what the database entry is....

This is a great find on your part, hightime. If memory serves, for the 325p2 and 996p2, there are no favorite lists, nor are there departments (which I believe equates to 'groups' but someone please correct me). These instructions ought to work for the SDS100 and SDS200 since their memory structure is identical. I will add this to our wiki; that Twiki is a complete mess and really could stand a complete restructuring.

Mike

Chris0516

...Didn’t find anything in RR Wiki either, or any other google search for “How to program DMR on BCD325P2”. There’s got to be something out there somewhere!
I came across an RR post from 2017. That gives instructions. But says how to set a DMR system up as a 'Conventional' not a one-frequency Trunk or MotoTRBO. I do agree, the has to be something on the Internet, somewhere.
OK...Is the system known to the RR database? Are you using software to program (if so, what app?) or programming by hand?
Yes, The systems are known to the RR database. I am using Proscan.
Yes it would be helpful to know what the database entry is....

This is a great find on your part, hightime. If memory serves, for the 325p2 and 996p2, there are no favorite lists, nor are there departments (which I believe equates to 'groups' but someone please correct me). These instructions ought to work for the SDS100 and SDS200 since their memory structure is identical. I will add this to our wiki; that Twiki is a complete mess and really could stand a complete restructuring.

Mike
Correct, There are no 'Favorites' lists, only 'Groups'. I actually prefer them being 'Groups', instead of 'Favorites Lists'.

I have tried watching a couple videos on YouTube that were for creating a DMR system. I found one video for creating a DMR system, on the SDS100. So, I will just have to transpose from the SDS100, to the 325p2.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I have many DMR "one frequencytrunked" set up on my 325P2, they work great in setting up "groups" of TGs and scanning the system just like a P25 digital system....If you use the first selection its going to demand a "LCN"and there not always available....I even set up a "Ham" DMR with 6 freqys and all the TGs and that works great, i did these just by hand , NO software its simple.....It doesn't mean you use just one freqy you can use as many as you want.....

Chris0516

I have many DMR "one frequencytrunked" set up on my 325P2, they work great in setting up "groups" of TGs and scanning the system just like a P25 digital system....If you use the first selection its going to demand a "LCN"and there not always available....I even set up a "Ham" DMR with 6 freqys and all the TGs and that works great, i did these just by hand , NO software its simple.....It doesn't mean you use just one freqy you can use as many as you want.....
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.