325P2 Terrible Decode on CLRMN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseburgers

I just picked this up because we're moving... and the difference on CLRMN between the G5 and this is astounding. I know I know, one if a professional receiver the other is not... Holy cow does this thing struggle to get ANYTHING from the same locations. It's straight up AWFUL.

I thought the SDS was lacking.. man o' man I have have a mind to return this thing...

Cheeseburgers

Very cheeky Doc.... Where are you located? I just lowered my squelch and slapped the OEM antenna back on, set a manual threshold of 6 as that seems to be what it likes. Thoughts?

What site do you use primarily?

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried setting the threshold to manual? Not a perfect fix but I have noticed it does make a big difference on the 325P2 series scanners. It defaults to "AUTO" however I find either level 7 or 8 is typically best.

Here's a video on how to change the threshold setting. (NOTE: You must hold the "Hold" and Power button at the same time until the screen flashes when powering the scanner on to access this setting)

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Im 1/4 mile from a site and 7 works great on My 325 and all my 996P2s
My 325 in the window will decode the system with no antenna

Cheeseburgers

I had one of these sitting around, and just ordered two more from ole Chinna, this thing is amazing for my area!

Status
Not open for further replies.