325P2 Won't Decode While Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuck22

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Uniden 325P2 last week. Yesterday I bought the DMR & NXDN upgrade and added it the my scanner. I downloaded several DMR & NXDN systems right from RR using Freescan. I did not hear anything. I have a 436HP as well and on that scanner it was busy with digital audio on the same system. I tried re booting the scanner, no luck. I tried holding on an LCN on the trunk to confirm I was getting digital and could hear people talking, so it's not a problem with the upgrade. I was told by someone to try and manually enter the system on my radio. I tried that and it still wont receive digital audio while trunking. I tried adding the color codes on the DMR system and still no luck. Does anyone know what I can do?

Fyi these are the systems I programmed into my scanner.

stuck22

Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 16

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just tried programming the radio with Proscan. Still have the same problem.
Which sites on those systems are you dealing with?

The first system that you list has two sites. One of the sites is missing the color codes on about half the sites, and the ones that do show a code may not be correct. The database shows a color code the same as the LCN. That's not normally the case when all of the frequencies are on the same system & site. The second site also has an unusual pattern of color codes.

The second system also has an odd pattern of data, and questionable entries for some sites as to channel IDs and/or RAN settings.

For the third system as well, the data for the sites appears incomplete and/or questionable. Look at site 041, Mount Thyne. No channel ID for either channel, and no RAN specified.

As sallen has already noted, FreeSCAN does not correctly support DMR. It imports incorectly, and there is no way to enter color codes. NXDN systems are not programmable at all with FreeSCAN.

As budd has suggested, I would spend some time using your 436HP. Run the LCN finder on each site that you want to monitor, and establish the correct LCN & Color Codes for the DMR systems. For the NXDN system, you'll need to find the correct channel number and RAN settings. You can do that with the 436HP, tho it will take some time. Or, if you have one of the SDR dongles, use that for your detective work.
I am using this one for testing right now because its very busy. When I import it from RR it comes with the LCNS
That's the system that I noted as having inconsistent (or missing) channel ID data & RAN settings. ProSCAN is only importing what the database shows, so if the database entries are incorrect, or incomplete, the fault is with defective database entries, not the software.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I just run a lcn calculator and these are not a standard set so the list is not complete.
Steve is right. The radio shop made up their own LCN's so they all will have to be found to track correctly.
The other choice in scanners is TRX-1 that does not track the control channel data but scans voice channels.

stuck22

Premium Subscriber
So why does it work for my 436HP and not my 325P2. I programmed them identically with the same systems and sites.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
With your 436HP, you likely used what was in the database, incomplete and/or incorrect that it is. So, you might hear "something", just not all of what you wanted (or expected), unless you fill in the missing blanks and correct the errors.

For the 325P2, you have to fill in all the blanks yourself, either manually, or importing via ProScan. The 436HP, being a more advanced model than the 325P2, might also be a bit more forgiving of missing or inconsistent data than the 325P2. I'd still suggest spending some time verifying information for both the NXDN & DMR systems, getting channel IDs, LCNs, color codes, and RAN settings cleaned up. I suspect that if you can correctly fill in some of the blanks, you'll hear more on the 436 than you do now. And once the 325 is programmed correctly, it should also began to come to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.