33.420 race documentary and weather ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Getting some sort of weather advisory re-broad cast on 33.420 at very low audio level. Just heard a loud voice say something along the line of coral emergency advisory and 1610 khz. I can barely hear the weather channel say something about Florida. The odd thing is that prior to hearing all of this the signal was broadcasting a documentary about Martin Luther King and segregation. :confused:
EDIT: Now It's playing audio from a council meeting and they are all kissing each other's rears verbally as you always hear at any govt public meeting. I heard mention of Tallahassee.

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
Found it.

I found this information about it, but why 33.420 ?

http://sites.google.com/site/floridadxn/florida-low-power-radio-stations

1610 (MIS) City of Cape Coral WQGU312; per the editor: On September 15, 2008, while driving through J.N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge's loop road, I tuned to 1610 to check for the defunct park TIS. Noted a weak signal so I got the ICF-7600GR out and had a much-improved signal. A very long loop -- around 10 minutes - opening with male, "You are listening to Cape Coral Emergency Advisory Radio... call sign (could not copy though it didn't sound the same as the FCC listing). Loop content consisting of how evil hurricanes are, all with melodramatric audio clips from fearful residents and city officials with wind soud effects throughout.

KF4ZTO

Ahh, I hear that station (at least the weather rebroadcast) whenever the band is open! What a long haul for a 10 watt station, I wonder what sort of antenna they're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.