33.780 KCF415

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sporadic E enthusiast
The skip was amazing for 45 minutes 1/18/19. '60-Control' starts off the with a noisy dispatch center and a call to Lenny's using 46.260. It's not a rare occurrence, but 46 MHz in January at my QTH is not everyday. Hearing '60-Control' let's me know this is Westchester county NY (WPXW412). After that KCF415 is getting busy after the mention of going to TAC-752 upon arrival at 19:44. KCF415 is Southwestern New Hampshire district fire mutual aid dispatch using 33.780. This is a must have freq if your into fire channels for skip. Professional sound and great ID/time stamps.

This recording is the scanner in scan mode. I edited it down to 12 minutes with trying to keep all time stamps. The quality of the skip is outstanding considering it is January. You will also here calls for Laconia NH, Hebron re-tones and Peterborough ambulance near the end. KCF fades away at 20:30 and a signal appears on channel 2 (GlobalTV logo) for 30 seconds.

12:10

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Thanks 217, great recordings. I was brought up in Westchester county. Boston Post Road is familiar to me, we called it Main Street in my hometown, and it is also referred to as Route 1. I programmed those two frequencies into my BC125AT.

Sporadic E enthusiast
Thank you for the replies. Truly appreciated. This is the first test in 2019 going horizontal after 10 years of vertical dipoles. This recording is using a Bearcat Sportcat Twin-Turbo. The new antenna consists of two radials from a weathered Archer 20-014. The lenghts were not long enough so I added 8in to each side for a total of 14ft.
Coax is 120ft of recycled commscope RG6 solid copper core quad shield. :p

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I've got an HF delta loop up 65 feet that is actually pretty good on VHF lo/hi. I can copy stuff out to 80 miles if it's coming from the north or west where the mountains are. I can copy about 40 miles out from signals out of the east. I have a feeling that it will make a good antenna for VHF Lo skip... can't wait for "real" skip season to kick in!

Sporadic E enthusiast
WOW!!! 33.42 MHz WQCD703 That's Orlando Florida Emergency Management Agency rebroadcasting NOAA/NWS broadcast from NWS Melbourne Fl. Have you ever monitored it?

Yes. There are two in Florida that I know of. The correct call signs are WQGH907 in Cape Coral and WQIN663 in Orlando. There is another on the west coast, WQJW689 in Sammamish Washington. All three are 10 watters. Thats the reason for .420

Sporadic E enthusiast
UPDATE:

Recently there have been fewer timestamps and big no go on the ID. That right there is a huge bummer.

Sporadic E enthusiast
UPDATE:

Recently there have been fewer timestamps and big no go on the ID. That right there is a huge bummer.

UPDATE: The ID and time stamps are back, I have over 3 hours or recordings from 5/26 I need to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.