33.9 open mic in a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
33.9 is a common fire dept freq and usually military comms in the US are confined to the even freq ranges like 32-32.975MHz, 34-34.975MHz, etc. Very odd.
prcguy

Definitely strange, I had it on that freq because like you mentioned, it's a fire frequency. I often park there and when I start to hear some agency out of Ohio I know the bands are coming up. Instead these guys were running around doing some sort of maneuver. You could hear the whine of the engine and a student being told where to turn and where to go.

nd5y

The military often operates outside of the federal government low band allocations. It's not that strange or unusual. Check out some of kkn50's logs in this forum.

autovon

Ø
The six meter ham band is another place you'll find military comms. Also many good hiding spots 54-88 MHz.

mancow

Database Admin
Just like Lois Lerner and the IRS I can't find the recordings or I would post them here, well except for the fact that I'm actually not lying.

BTW, PRC I'm getting lots of stuff from out your way on 39 MHz tonight, lots of CHP.

prcguy

If it weren't too late here I might go out and get in a car chase with CHP to give you something to listen too. Problem is, its hard to shake those pesky helicopters.
prcguy

Just like Lois Lerner and the IRS I can't find the recordings or I would post them here, well except for the fact that I'm actually not lying.

BTW, PRC I'm getting lots of stuff from out your way on 39 MHz tonight, lots of CHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.