Status
Not open for further replies.

N4LHY_1

Premium Subscriber
Heard EMS dispatching on this channel Friday night for a little while...Time was an hour ahead of me indicating eastern time zone and I am in North Texas. Location given was something like Hwy or interstate 75 and Cooper St...Anybody have any suggestions for me???Only had them for about 15 minutes or so. Female dispatcher..

Thanks in advance...

Chris kg4lqz@yahoo.com

FFEMTCURRENCE

Premium Subscriber
remember that the lower the freq the longer the sound wave=greater distance...especially if theres a lot of solar activity they carry the signal up in the ionosphere especially in the summer where this freq operates on..but you should know that cause your a ham to:)

SCPD

QRT
you heard this in TX? wow talk about some distance

This is fairly common on low-band. I live in Lincoln, NE. In the 80s I hooked my scanner up to an outdoors base station CB antenna. I was amazed at the skip I could pick up. I was hearing a medical dispatcher, somewhere with a Chicago or NYC accent.

You'll hear stories from others about pulling in skip on low-band. In fact, there is a thread around here somewhere, that has been picked up. Nebraska State Patrol is regularly on that list as they are on low-ban on the 42.0000's.

radiofan1

One Saturday I was doing PM on a low band garbage truck fleet and called out for a radio check. The response was, Go ahead radio service, this is radio service read you 10-2. I asked where he was, he was in Mass. and I was in Georgia. We chatted for 5 minutes and *poof* he disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.