33.94/Hartford County

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone using 33.94 any more? I think East Granby/Granby were the last on there but have since moved one... Haven't heard a peep in a long time.

MarkB513

North Granby (Lost Acres) fire still operates on 33.940. I believe they are dispatched by Simsbury. Also even though Simsbury has their 453.1625 repeater, they are still simulcasting their dispatch side of their communications over 33.940, probably for the older low band pagers. They aren't using a PL, so I'm sure they're hearing Waterford loud and clear. If I remember correctly, the PL commonly used on that frequency in Hartford County was 179.9 and that's the same PL Waterford operates... Never quite understood that.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Granby (Lost Acres FD) and East Granby are dispatched by Granby PD (Granby Base) using 33.94.

Lost Acres uses it for both dispatch and fireground, East Granby uses a VHF channel for operations, using 33.94 only for tones and when calling Granby Base enroute, on scene, etc.

Simsbury FD uses 453.1625 w/ the dispatch side only also heard on 33.94. (I heard 33.94 is only kept active for Jr FF pagers) They do usually monitor the low band but as 453.1625 is the primary frequency, they regularly walk over Granby & East Granby traffic.

Simsbury FD and Granby Base are backups dispatch for each other on 33.94.

chris

MarkB513

East Granby

Chris,

I recall East Granby having a license on 155.4225 which is still listed in the database, but when I do an FCC query of either the frequency or the WQHA364 callsign it finds nothing. Are they actually using it? Is it a repeater and do you know the PL or DPL?

cg

Premium Subscriber
it was terminated because they did not notify the FCC that the system was operational. I would still monitor the VHF hi freqs.

chris

xplorer417

thats why i have never heard anything on that freq alot of people did not understand what i meant about east granby high band ch i was trying to find a pl never could find one and someone posted it has the rptr tx freq in the database that should of been the rx freq not the transmitt freq

SVFD440

Feed Provider
Granby (Lost Acres FD) and East Granby are dispatched by Granby PD (Granby Base) using 33.94.

Lost Acres uses it for both dispatch and fireground, East Granby uses a VHF channel for operations, using 33.94 only for tones and when calling Granby Base enroute, on scene, etc.

Simsbury FD uses 453.1625 w/ the dispatch side only also heard on 33.94. (I heard 33.94 is only kept active for Jr FF pagers) They do usually monitor the low band but as 453.1625 is the primary frequency, they regularly walk over Granby & East Granby traffic.

Simsbury FD and Granby Base are backups dispatch for each other on 33.94.

chris

yes from time to time Simsbury Base talks over Granby Base, when the simsbury dispatcher is aware of what they are doing they do not.
Also Simsbury still uses 33.94 for Knox box's and the sirens.

Status
Not open for further replies.