330t lockout question

Status
Not open for further replies.

burningman_77

Let's say i'm scanning multiple systems and i recieve a freq that i don't want to listen to on that paticular system. when i hit the l/o key, will it lock out that freq for every system i'm scanning or only for the paticular one i locked it out on??? EX: i lock out 867.3000 on my Wayne County MOT, will i still be able to pick up 867.3000 on Livonia PD (a system i seperatly put in)????

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I fixed the title of this thread and removed the OT nonsense.

burningman_77 said:
Let's say i'm scanning multiple systems and i recieve a freq that i don't want to listen to on that paticular system. when i hit the l/o key, will it lock out that freq for every system i'm scanning or only for the paticular one i locked it out on??? EX: i lock out 867.3000 on my Wayne County MOT, will i still be able to pick up 867.3000 on Livonia PD (a system i seperatly put in)????
If you are scanning a Motorola TRS and hear something you no longer want to hear, if you press <L/O> it will lock out the talk group, not the frequency. If you lock out a frequency (you should not) it will preclude you from hearing any voice traffic that happens to land on that frequency unless you are doing "CCh Only" mode (because it ignores any other frequency besides the CCh you have entered.) No matter what you do in system "A", it has no effect on what you hear in system "B".

garys

Premium Subscriber
Just to expand a little bit on what Loumaag wrote. Generally when it comes to trunked systems once you've programmed the frequencies in, you can stop worrying about them. Just put in the control channels and let the scanner do the rest. Talk Groups are far more important since they might change and there might be some that you want to add, delete, or lock out.

The concept of trunking takes a bit of getting used to, but once you understand it you'll see why it's not a good idea to lock out frequencies.

Gary

n2mdk

On a trunked system during scanning if the scanner is set up correctly your not going to lockout a frequency but a talkgroup by hitting the L/O key. You would need to go in manually and lockout a frequency. On conventional system that will lock out the frequency but only for that particular system, not globally.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
burningman_77 said:
i just wanted to lock out the frequencies locally, not globally. Cch mode i'm still not sure of but i bet i'll get the hang of it...
I could be wrong, but is seems as if you may not have the basics of trunking systems clear. Try reading this article in the RR Wiki.

burningman_77

yeah, i've read a lot of articles on how trunking works, but prior to programming an EDACS system into my scanner it didn't really click for me. The thing that really helped (just by watching my scanner) was watching the control channel "flip" over to one of the 5 frequencies that are in that EDACS system every time a mic button was pushed. When that happened what i read in the articles became much clearer. So i really only know how to program in EDACS systems as of right now, but i'm sure i can pick up on the others down the road....

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Motorolas program virtually the same as EDACS...but are one step easier since you don't need to input any LCN information. In fact, you really only need to enter the control channel(s) (so I guess that makes it two steps easier).

Status
Not open for further replies.