334.350 MHz ?? NXDN (Buffalo NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Fort Erie On
I have been picking up several business's using 334.350 MHz, from time to time I have trouble getting a good signal and don't get good decode, other times I get a full decode signal, it's NXDN98 I have a Tow truck Business, and Someone picking up customers, Could just be something coming from the 400 MHz band ??? don't really know. Also the 436hp scanner is stopping on a lot of frequencies in the 323.000 MHz to 389.00 MHz FOR quite some time that show as DMR, some frequencies just flash DMR others have some audio on them that are in the clear others sound like there encrypted, some frequencies I log Talk groups. Strange ??. Anyone else in the area seeing this also or is it just me.
Steve

This is the link to the 334.350 MHz frequency, I zipped it up,334.350000---My Unknown Frequencies.mp3.zip

Saint

Premium Subscriber
334.350/2 = 167.175.

Running that through this site: TAFL Search Results

Likely a harmonic or some odd mixing product. See if any of those licenses match up with what you are hearing.

Neither Kenwood or Icom sells any equipment that would run NXDN on 334MHz.
No it's coming from Buffalo NY and 167.175 is a federal frequency in Buffalo NY and it's encrypted p25

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
No it's coming from Buffalo NY and 167.175 is a federal frequency in Buffalo NY and it's encrypted p25

Are you sure it's coming from Buffalo? How did you determine this? 167 is federal stuff in the US, but in Canada it's not.
If it was P25 encrypted, you wouldn't be able to understand what was being said. It's likely some sort of harmonic or mixing product in the scanner.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure it's coming from Buffalo? How did you determine this? 167 is federal stuff in the US, but in Canada it's not.
If it was P25 encrypted, you wouldn't be able to understand what was being said. It's likely some sort of harmonic or mixing product in the scanner.
Yes I know It's not the P25 Out of Buffalo That's encrypted frequency Also if you listen To the audio file you'll see they are in Buffalo New York

BTFire21

You are getting a mix or a harmonic from FM's NXDN site witch is line of site from your place to their downtown Buffalo site. I have 334.50 in my scan list for mil air and have no hits on it ever.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
You are getting a mix or a harmonic from FM's NXDN site witch is line of site from your place to their downtown Buffalo site. I have 334.50 in my scan list for mil air and have no hits on it ever.
Thank you my friend That's exactly what I wanted To know Also I'll check out all Those frequencies I seem to be picking up DMR on I think that's the same problem I'll Lock out Those frequencies
Thanks again

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Ah, OK.
What sort of radio is it? Knowing the IF frequency of the specific radio might help sort out what is happening and explain who it is.

Like I said, neither Kenwood or Icom make NXDN radios that will transmit on 300MHz, so it's likely some sort of weird mixing product.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Ah, OK.
What sort of radio is it? Knowing the IF frequency of the specific radio might help sort out what is happening and explain who it is.

Like I said, neither Kenwood or Icom make NXDN radios that will transmit on 300MHz, so it's likely some sort of weird mixing product.
I have a 436HP scanner and my discone antenna is on the 4th floor balcony, I'm just across the Niagara river in Fort Erie from downtown Buffalo NY.
Steve

k2hz

Database Admin
Most likely an image response in the receiver. I can't find any info on the actual IF frequencies used in the 436. If you can identify the actual frequency of any of these signals from the system IDs that should identify what is going on. If it is a receiver image, the IF Shift (Func-7{ifx key}) feature should eliminate it on that particular frequency.

I listened to your recording and it appears to be a voice channel of a trunked system. Sounds like it could be FM Communications NXDN Site 2. I didn't hear the AAA Tow Trucks on your recording to be sure but the other users sounded like their subscribers.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Most likely an image response in the receiver. I can't find any info on the actual IF frequencies used in the 436. If you can identify the actual frequency of any of these signals from the system IDs that should identify what is going on. If it is a receiver image, the IF Shift (Func-7{ifx key}) feature should eliminate it on that particular frequency.

I listened to your recording and it appears to be a voice channel of a trunked system. Sounds like it could be FM Communications NXDN Site 2. I didn't hear the AAA Tow Trucks on your recording to be sure but the other users sounded like their subscribers.
Thank for listening to the audio I am just going to lock out these frequencies that I am picking up NXDN on and also DMR, that will fix the problem never had any of my other scanners do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.