BCD436HP/BCD536HP: $343.50 at Walmart...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ11DLN

I don't know what's going on with the price swings either. I'd been looking at an HP-2 but was put off by no DMR support. I need something with the GPS function for when I travel...not dissatisfied with my GRE/Whistler scanners otherwise. Looking forward to getting my grubby paws on this one and getting it set up...I've programmed a couple of X36's for people so hopefully I won't be completely helpless getting it going.:cool:

k0grt

Ebates has 10% back at Wal-Mart right noe; and rumor from another thread here is, that's 10% back off the original price, not the store pickup discounted price

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

k0grt

And Wal-Mart just dropped it to 323.97! Wal-Mart and Amazon are in a price competition and they keep lowering to beat the other person =)

k0grt

Thats the iship seller you're seeing. From the Wal-Mart seller, they're selling for 485.96 with a $161.99 pickup-instore discount

Edit: Wal-Mart's in-store pickup discount went back to $156. I think the price decline competition is done, they're both now at the exact same price.

If you're on edge thinking about it, there's another thread talking about a whistler trx2 declining this same way. The ebates 10% back is talked about, and it appears it's a rebate on the full price, not the in-store discount. That'd bring this to $329+tax out of pocket, and a $48.59 ebates rebate.

Last edited:

trp2525

Brand-New Uniden BCD436HP handheld for under $300 after store discount and rebate

The updated pricing on Walmart.com this morning for the BCD436HP is $485.96 with an in-store pickup discount of $161.99 making your net cost $323.97 (plus any applicable state/local sales tax). Just be sure to select the seller as Walmart ("Sold and Shipped by Walmart") in the sellers list at Walmart.com as there are other 3rd party sellers also selling the BCD436HP on the Walmart website. Your merchandise typically arrives at your local Walmart store for pickup 2-3 business days after placing your order online.

If you don't take advantage of the extra 10% cash back currently available from Ebates, you are leaving free money on the table. $323.97 minus 10% cash back from Ebates equals $291.58 for a post-rebate price (plus any applicable sales tax). To get the extra $32.39 cash rebate you simply have to be a member of Ebates. If you are not already a member, here's a referral link to join: https://www.ebates.com/r/TOMPIM?eeid=28187

Ebates is very reputable for paying out their rebates as I have been using them since 2000 and have never had any problems with receiving the rebate money that was owed to me. They send out their cash rebate checks quarterly or you can have the money direct deposited quarterly into your PayPal account (if you have one).

If you are interested I wouldn't delay on pulling the trigger. It is unknown how long Walmart will continue to offer the $161.99 discount for picking up the scanner in your local store or how long Ebates will continue the 10% cash back for purchases made at Walmart.com (1% cash back is the normal non-promotional Ebates rebate at Walmart.com).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Their glitch was your gain. For some reason, a bunch of product feeds (not from us, but from a variety of suppliers on many products) were getting truly insane pick-up discounts. The discounts were well below anyone's cost. I saw that some Whistler products were also affected by this.

DJ11DLN

I saw that when it was first posted, and frankly I like the idea, but it isn't going to happen because (a.) this is primarily going to be a mobile install that will spend most of its life stuck in a RAM mount, and (b.) my hands just aren't steady enough anymore for messing around inside of these modern electronics.:( I'd have to find a tech willing to do it, and I'm a little unclear on whether or not the external GPS function gets lost when that mod is done. Since it will primarily be mobile, I'd hate to lose that...I'd have to try to mount it on the windshield, which I would absolutely hate.

@UPMan: I had wondered if this big pick-up discount wasn't some kind of a kerfuffle. Tempted to go ahead and order another one before it gets fixed, if it hasn't already. Never have too many scanners!:wink:

trp2525

...Tempted to go ahead and order another one before it gets fixed, if it hasn't already. Never have too many scanners!:wink:

I just checked (14:30 EDT) and the store-pickup-discount deal at Walmart.com is still just as I posted it this morning in post #12 above. I did some further investigation into the Ebates 10% cash back info that I posted in that same posting above and it is SUPPOSED to be valid until June 30th (Friday). Keep in mind that these are two separate promotions/discounts. I would imagine that either could end at any time. YMMV

trp2525

I stopped seeing the Pick Up discount before noon.

The reason for that is that Walmart is not currently coming up as the default seller for the BCD436HP. This makes absolutely no sense to me but that is the way it is. There are currently 5 sellers on the Walmart website (Walmart, iSave, BUYVPC, Aztec Computers and ShopLadder). If you go to this link you will see all 5 sellers and you will also see the Walmart price of $485.96 with the $161.99 store pickup discount which you can add to your cart for purchase: https://www.walmart.com/product/38058196/sellers

Remember to go to the Walmart website by going through Ebates first or you WILL NOT get the extra 10% cash back from Ebates. There is no sense in leaving FREE money ($32.39) on the table. Referral link to join Ebates if you are not already a member: https://www.ebates.com/r/TOMPIM?eeid=28187

Last edited:

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I saw that when it was first posted, and frankly I like the idea, but it isn't going to happen because (a.) this is primarily going to be a mobile install that will spend most of its life stuck in a RAM mount, and (b.) my hands just aren't steady enough anymore for messing around inside of these modern electronics.:( I'd have to find a tech willing to do it, and I'm a little unclear on whether or not the external GPS function gets lost when that mod is done. Since it will primarily be mobile, I'd hate to lose that...I'd have to try to mount it on the windshield, which I would absolutely hate.

User "jonwienke" and others have reported that the referenced internal GPS functions very well inside a vehicle. As for installation, "jonwienke" may be able to help you with that.

DJ11DLN

User "jonwienke" and others have reported that the referenced internal GPS functions very well inside a vehicle. As for installation, "jonwienke" may be able to help you with that.
Hmm, interesting. I'll do some experimentation with my Garmin stuck approximately where I anticipate mounting the scanner and see how well it tracks. I'd not really want to do anything until the warranty expires though...no point in throwing that away.
The reason for that is that Walmart is not currently coming up as the default seller for the BCD436HP. This makes absolutely no sense to me but that is the way it is. There are currently 5 sellers on the Walmart website (Walmart, iSave, BUYVPC, Aztec Computers and ShopLadder). If you go to this link you will see all 5 sellers and you will also see the Walmart price of $485.96 with the $161.99 store pickup discount which you can add to your cart for purchase: https://www.walmart.com/product/38058196/sellers
Your link is coming up with the iSave seller and no pickup discount.:(

trp2525

...Your link is coming up with the iSave seller and no pickup discount.:(

Click on "Compare all 5 sellers" in the bottom right-hand corner and you will see the complete list and you will be in business to select Walmart for the store pickup discount. The store pickup discount is alive and well as of 15:40 EDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.