345.00 a.m stuck transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

Hi all
Reporting from Bainbridge island Washington. A few days ago I found an odd continuous transmission on 345.000 a.m U.S.CG air ops frequency. I couldn't hear it at all on my portable radios. But with my base station Radio Shack Pro163 it was coming in loud an clear,with an indoor external antenna. I spoke with someone at the coast guard station in Seattle.

They asked if I could describe the sound. I told them I could do better . I turned on the scanner and turned it up just enough. After listening for a bit he put me on hold and came back on with a number to call the F.A.A I haven't heard back from the coast guard or F.A.A. But the signal is still there,steady and strong. I am hoping someone out there can tell me what's going on here?
I am also hoping some of you are able to actually tune into that frequency with a military/coast guard radio.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
A loud and clear signal but not heard on any of your other radios - I'd say it is a birdie produced in the 163.
Or it is a LO product of one of the other radios if they are on at the same time but then your others should hear that also.

I can pickup the LO of one of my old Bearcat III's from 20 feet across the room very easy.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Two questions...

1. Do you have any non-GRE manufactured scanners to try?
2. Do you hear it away from your house? As in does it follow you around town?

scannersnstuff

from monmouth county n.j. tried on a bc898t & psr-410 with same base station antenna in attic,hooked to amplified multicoupler. both signal's clean as a whistle. this is one of my standard daily scanned frequencies.

freqhopping

Continuous transmission of what?

I'm in northern VA. Right now and fairly often on this freq it will break squelch then there is static and eventually some ticking or chirping noises. What I think I'm hearing is garage door remote openers. Activating my own garage door remote control does cause a similar effect.

Also some home security systems have wireless sensors that operate on this frequency.

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

i recently did notice the stuck frequency on a bcd396xt.once stationary at my home. once in a moving car. not noticed on base.

Status
Not open for further replies.