346XT and MSPD sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dots

Premium Subscriber
I have some programing experience with a 396 but I'm programing a 346 for a freind and I want to program Mass State PD. I'm using the ARC-XT Pro and it is easy to grab the data from Radio reference but...

Problem is I'd like to programing it so where ever you are in the entire state you will be able to recieve all the troops. I don't know how I should program the sites for the MSPD system.

Do I need to program all the sites to cover the entire state? And if I do can I give them all the same quick key?

I'd like to be able to have one quick key for the entire system if that is possable?

Thanks,

Steve

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is likely that from any particular location in the state, it is impossible to receive all troops (individual sites only carry traffic for troops who have a member affiliated with (i.e. within range of and communicating through) the site.

If you put all sites in and use a single SQK to enable/disable them, it will somewhat do what you want. However, it is possible that the scanner will spend extra time on barely receivable sites and totally unreceivable sites that could result in missed or truncated comms. But, if the end user is not very sophisticated as to either scanner operation or the particular sites available at particular locations, that might be the best you can do.

Dots

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Upman,

I spent hours programing my friends scanner. Sad thing is he usually only listens to a few frequencies. Since he is taking a trip to Canada I wanted give him everything he would need between Mass and PEI.

I will leave his 346 scanner with the one quick key for all the sites because he will have trouble otherwise but for my 396 I may reorganize my own MSPD programing to seperate sites.

Thanks again, you have taken a load off my mind!

Steve

Dansnov1086

Premium Subscriber
The sites on that system all vary in their radius and actual coverage range. For someone who may be all over the state, it would be best to program all sites with the same quick key. Depending on where that person is in the state, the site they are nearest to will be the one that they receive when scanning on that quick key. I am currently in Northern RI so I am able to hear only the Metro Boston Simlcast site but if I were to travel into Mass., I would certainly be in range of other sites.

Sounds like you have it sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.