346xt,how many quick keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it only have 0-9? I am confused, how do I put in 10,11.etc if it all possible. The way I have my setup is a different quick key for each frequency,ex(NYPD,476.6125-1 476.8125-2,FDNY-3,MTA BUS-4. When I try to add a new system how do I put in a number higher then 9 if it all possible,thanks.

sjlamb

Does it only have 0-9? I am confused, how do I put in 10,11.etc if it all possible. The way I have my setup is a different quick key for each frequency,ex(NYPD,476.6125-1 476.8125-2,FDNY-3,MTA BUS-4. When I try to add a new system how do I put in a number higher then 9 if it all possible,thanks.

You have 0-99 for systems (and 09 for the groups under each system). Program the number you want from 0-99. Once programmed, use the [.No] key followed by the assigned Quick Key # to enable/disable QKs # 10-99.

Example:

PRESS [.No] button

PRESS "1"

PRESS "0"

....to enable systems assigned QK "10". Repeat to disable.

Last edited:

sjlamb

Thanks, you explained it way better then the owners manual did. Even though I have had this scanner for about 6 months I should know how to do this by now.

Glad that it help you. Knowing how to effectively assign and use Quick Keys is, in my opinion, the single most important skill on the Uniden DMA scanners. Enjoy.

Now I am unable to switch group keys within a system. I did assign a different group key to each one,it scans only on the 1st group key(GRP1) how do I jump to GRP2 so I can scan that group? thanks again.

Edit:I forgot to input the frequency, just caught it after I posted this,sorry. Now I got it. I am trying to make room so I don't have to put in a system higher then #9. I had a hard time switching over to another system after setting a system with #10 quick key, so I deleted that system for now.

Last edited:

sjlamb

Remember that you can assign the same quick key to more than one frequency or group. Using a quick key for a single frequency seems like a waste. I would also suggest to you read up on how to assign "Number Tags" to a particular grequency or group.

Status
Not open for further replies.