346XT missing part of conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryane75

I just recently bought a Uniden 346XT and I have approximately 1,000 channels load. I don't have any special setting on any of them. When my local police or sheriff's department is transmitting, it always seems like I'm missing part of the conversation. Is it because of the amounty of channels I have and the scanner takes awhile to go through them ? Anyway to solve this besides deleting channels ?

bkantor

A few clarifying questions:
- Convention frequencies or trunked?
- Do you have delay enabled on your settings..if so, how long? 2 seconds, 4, etc
- Do you hear both sides if you put in manual mode and sit on the channel?

ryane75

A few clarifying questions:
- Convention frequencies or trunked?
- Do you have delay enabled on your settings..if so, how long? 2 seconds, 4, etc
- Do you hear both sides if you put in manual mode and sit on the channel?

- Conventional
- No delay enabled
- I put that channel on hold and I'm hearing alot more

ryane75

Also, to clarify, I'm hearing both sides of the conversation just missing parts of it.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Are you scanning all of them at the same time?? Even at Uniden's claimed 100 channel per second scan speed, that's 10 seconds to scan through them all. So it's no wonder why your missing stuff.

Now, if your just scanning a few of them at once, try removing the CTCSS/DCS tones if present. The Unidens take forever to detect them, and if applied to a channel, will not open squelch until the proper tone/code is detected.

Also, I have read that Close call DND may cause a delay, but I can't tell a difference with it on or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.