346XT programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPD24193

i have been reading the manuel on programming my 346xt but am a bit confused. I need to program the VERONA NJ EDCAS SYSTEM into my radio. if anyone could break the steps down for me or provide me with more info the help would be appreciated.

captclint

Mentor
Specifically, follow the steps here, EDACS systems

Then see Creating Sites. Then see Creating Groups. Then see Programming Frequencies/IDs.
Use the info here: Verona Township Trunking System, and notice it is EDACS Narrow-band I wouldn't bother with the Talk Groups at 1st. The 346 defaults to IDsearch, which will get any active talkgroup. Later, you can enter the ones in which you are interested, and you can switch to IDscan, which will only lock on those you have programmed.

Last edited:

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Arc-XT Software

I just got my 346XT after having the trunking on my Pro-164 go kaput. I have been reading through the Uniden manual all evening to get familiar with the radio, but I sprung for the $40 ARC-XT software through ScannerMaster and I had my EDACS systems uploaded within a few minutes. Granted, I had a bit of practice already programming my old one, but I would advise a quick download over manual programming any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.