346XT troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

chcfirefighter44

Feed Provider
Recently picked up a 346XT, I have gotten everything programmed seems to work OK. Will say that, I have had difficulty picking up somethings lately that with my old scanner were once a cake walk. There is a repeater for our local fire service about 6.5 miles from my house. This repeater has now disappeared as far as listening goes. I was wondering if the scanner is too sensitive and is over loaded or some type of interference in the area causing the difficulty. What are the beginning steps on isolating these problems? Note: was using the stock rubber ducky and had the problem, jumped up to a Diamond SRH77CA and still have the problem. Thinking now about switching on the attenuator to try and see if that helps?

These are the freqs that I generally have the trouble with.
154.3400 - Cheswold
151.4000 - County
154.4450 - Dover

Otherwise, this scanner has been a joy to own and program.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
That should not be the case with the 346XT, the ATTEN on Uniden will just make it worse....Check in the "Delaware" forum if those freqys changed PL's or something....I hear stations 25 miles away on my 346XT....

N8IAA

Recently picked up a 346XT, I have gotten everything programmed seems to work OK. Will say that, I have had difficulty picking up somethings lately that with my old scanner were once a cake walk. There is a repeater for our local fire service about 6.5 miles from my house. This repeater has now disappeared as far as listening goes. I was wondering if the scanner is too sensitive and is over loaded or some type of interference in the area causing the difficulty. What are the beginning steps on isolating these problems? Note: was using the stock rubber ducky and had the problem, jumped up to a Diamond SRH77CA and still have the problem. Thinking now about switching on the attenuator to try and see if that helps?

These are the freqs that I generally have the trouble with.
154.3400 - Cheswold
151.4000 - County
154.4450 - Dover

Otherwise, this scanner has been a joy to own and program.

A quick check of the database shows that you will need to upgrade to a 396XT to hear your county and cities fire departments.
Larry

chcfirefighter44

Feed Provider
I can tell you yes that a digital scanner is the preferred method but as I have for many years since the digital conversion, the digital is repeated across VHF high repeaters found in kent countys database.

Status
Not open for further replies.